Gibson Brands Forums

Lessons learned...

Silenced Fred

When you have a pedal with the single button, do NOT wear New Balance running shoes!

I learned this the hard way, trying to switch, but my New Balance shoes have an open part at the bottom. If you look at the picture, in the middle of the ball of the foot, it is open, and it won't allow me to hit the button!

shoes_iaec1116222.jpg

Thankfully, I was just in my basement, but I won't be wearing those to any shows, it kind of sucks.

Any weird lessons you have learned that you wouldn't think of otherwise?

Sheesh....

I wear Tony's or Niconas mostly. Occasionally Justins.

<chuckle>

Rubber-soled moccasins around the house or working out.

marie... Don't worry. I never wore either a tank top or a miniskirt and I doubt I'm about to start at my age. <chortle>

m

I know a couple of guys here in Nashville that will only buy pedals with broad/wide switches like those on Boss pedals because they play their gigs barefoot... when they were talikng about it I thought they were kidding...they weren't.

I've worn boots so long I feel strange wearing shoes. In another life I hadda wear shoes for about a dozen years. Felt odd the whole time. The only except is that I have used tennis shoes - as in, really for playing tennis and other sport specialty soles, including boating mocs. But regular shoes... feel odd.

m

My feet are effing wide too man, my current shoes fit so comfortably, if lacking support. They've stretched way too far though I should be getting some new ones... I've grown a size and a half from when I got them.... They were not wide ones either.. Had to work em that way.

Archived