Gibson Brands Forums

Introducing the Les Paul Studio 50’s Tribute – Limited Run from Gibson USA

Gibson USA

Yeah my wife busted my chops this morning about the jackplate this morning. I put the listing together in haste last night. I have updated the text and will post a picture tonight. Also, this was a special order and the way that I got charged was kind of odd. The guitar and gig bag were listed as seperate items, I got charged tax and shipping fees which put the guitar into the 920 range. The extra 80 is for my pain and suffering over the last 6 months. [smile] I think 1k is fair and if someone wants to pony up more...than so be it.

So you overpaid for a guitar that shouldn't have made anyone's QC check off.

You could just return it.

Pain and suffering. That's a good one.

Good luck. I personally hope you make a mint off of it.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AMS cancelled my order today. I hate this guitar.

Call them back and ask what they are gonna do for you? Tell them you could have bought one from Sam Ash or another company months ago but you didn't because you trusted them. Tell them your buddy had his order canceled by Music123 but at least they made it up to him by taking $400 off the guitar they sent as a substitute.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eswQl-hcvU0

101_0714.jpg

101_0709.jpg

101_0702.jpg

101_0701.jpg

Call them back and ask what they are gonna do for you? Tell them you could have bought one from Sam Ash or another company months ago but you didn't because you trusted them. Tell them your buddy had his order canceled by Music123 but at least they made it up to him by taking $400 off the guitar they sent as a substitute.

Working on it... not really anything else I want right now. I'd like a new amp, but they don't sell any of the models I want. Seeing what they can do, though. This was all just such a cluster****.

What model is that TV yellow, anyways?

Working on it... not really anything else I want right now. I'd like a new amp, but they don't sell any of the models I want. Seeing what they can do, though. This was all just such a cluster****.

What model is that TV yellow, anyways?

It is a Les Paul Jr Special Exclusive

AMS has a sweet Les Paul Junior Double Cutaway Exclusive That is the guitar I would get if I was you. It's even cooler than the Goldtop!

LPJJDGYCH1_-45a5075ec012ffdf3df324848f31e007-2-1.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZBIZEnjl0I

Hey fellow Tribute owners. I just noticed that the Neck Pickup in my GT is louder than my Bridge Pickup. If I recall correctly Gibson uses the same P-90s in the bridge and neck so I figured they would sound about the same. I checked them with a multi-meter and they measure pretty close to the same output. The switch and wiring seem fine and everything works normally.

Is this normal?

Hey fellow Tribute owners. I just noticed that the Neck Pickup in my GT is louder than my Bridge Pickup. If I recall correctly Gibson uses the same P-90s in the bridge and neck so I figured they would sound about the same. I checked them with a multi-meter and they measure pretty close to the same output. The switch and wiring seem fine and everything works normally.

Is this normal?

You could try to raise or lower one of the pickups to get an equal sound.

You could try to raise or lower one of the pickups to get an equal sound.

I'm sure if I dropped the neck PU I could balance them out. I just thought it was strange that, set at the same height, the neck seem somewhat louder. Maybe that's normal?

Just wondering if anyone else noticed this.

I'm sure if I dropped the neck PU I could balance them out. I just thought it was strange that, set at the same height, the neck seem somewhat louder. Maybe that's normal?

Just wondering if anyone else noticed this.

The neck is a louder position than the bridge, so if you use the same pickup in both locations, the neck will be louder. That's why most guitars use a higher output pickup at the bridge - to even them out.

The neck is a louder position than the bridge, so if you use the same pickup in both locations, the neck will be louder. That's why most guitars use a higher output pickup at the bridge - to even them out.

My neck is louder too, if you roll back the volume to about 8.5, its about the same. Strings have more movement towards half of their length, so that is why there is more output on the neck PU. I wouldn't go too low with the neck PU height just for the benefit of having the neck volume on 10.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eswQl-hcvU0

101_0714.jpg

101_0709.jpg

101_0702.jpg

101_0701.jpg

Very nice! That particular model has a long neck tenon like the original. How does it sound compared to your 50s tribute? My special seems to be brighter than the 50s tribute.

Very nice! That particular model has a long neck tenon like the original. How does it sound compared to your 50s tribute? My special seems to be brighter than the 50s tribute.

Thanks!I love the Les Paul Jr Special. Only problem was the switch tip was broken off when I got it. I called Music123 and they knocked off another $30 so I could get a new switch.

Yes,I think it sounds a little brighter than my Studio too.I love the way the Ebony fretboard feels.The neck is thinner,it's the "60's taper" profile.It weighs more than the Studio too,about 8 lbs.

The case it came with is a "Thinline Case" so only the Les Paul Special or a Les Paul Junior will fit in it. If I put My Studio in the case,I can't shut it.

101_0706.jpg

101_0710.jpg

101_0742-1.jpg

Thanks!I love the Les Paul Jr Special. Only problem was the switch tip was broken off when I got it. I called Music123 and they knocked off another $30 so I could get a new switch.

Yes,I think it sounds a little brighter than my Studio too.I love the way the Ebony fretboard feels.The neck is thinner,it's the "60's taper" profile.It weighs more than the Studio too,about 8 lbs.

The case it came with is a "Thinline Case" so only the Les Paul Special or a Les Paul Junior will fit in it. If I put My Studio in the case,I can't shut it.

101_0706.jpg

101_0710.jpg

101_0742-1.jpg

You may contact Gibson Customer Service to send you a replacement tip. I'm sure they will send you one. Glad you are enjoying your new axe.

Thanks! How do I get the piece that broke off out?

101_0728-1-1.jpg

Wow!! Yea, in this case you need a whole new toggle switch. Veeman is correct. You can probably take it to your closest Gibson Service Center and have them replace it for you for free. You may have to contact Gibson for the closest Gibson Service Center, but if you are handy with a soldering iron, its and easy fix. Also, you can also call gibson to send you a toggle switch.

Archived