Gibson Brands Forums

Introducing the Les Paul Studio 50’s Tribute – Limited Run from Gibson USA

Gibson USA

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No more Goldtops on Amazon.

But wow talk about a fire sale at the last minute.

Can someone please take some detailed pictures of their new Goldtop and post them?

I posted that last night,too bad eveybody was sleeping.I was sooo tempted to buy another one.

101_0546-2.jpg

They still have 3 Honeybursts left at Amazon

Hola,Well i ordered the GT at amazon a couple of days ago and when it arrived today, to my disappointment they sent me the HB. I was pretty upset and i called CS and they told me the only option is to send it back for a refund. Anyway, i've been playing this LP and it's just amazing! It looks like to me after carefully looking it's a 2 piece back so i guess that's a good thing. I have 30 days to decide. Just thought i share my story.

Hola,Well i ordered the GT at amazon a couple of days ago and when it arrived today, to my disappointment they sent me the HB. I was pretty upset and i called CS and they told me the only option is to send it back for a refund. Anyway, i've been playing this LP and it's just amazing! It looks like to me after carefully looking it's a 2 piece back so i guess that's a good thing. I have 30 days to decide. Just thought i share my story.

"Honeyburst," with a 2-piece back? I'd keep it! If you really hate

"Honeyburst," you could always have the top painted with "Gold" Nitro.

Just my 2-cent's worth...

CB

My Honeyburst is a 2 piece back and I love it. I was going to swap for mini's, but damn, these sound so good I'm going to leave well enough alone. So far just changed the knobs and added straplocks. I usually use 9-46 strings, I'm almost kinda afraid to change the strings, don't want to lose this sound.

Ok, well i went to GC yesterday and they were having a big 20% off sale. So i went ahead and pre purchased a GT . The guy was very cool and said he's going to call gibson and other stores and try to find one for me. It's worth a shot! If he finds one great, if not i would be a fool to send back the HB to amazon. So for now, i'll enjoy this awesome guitar.

thanks,j

I bought a Honey Burst from Guitar Center in Austin just yesterday, but I had a few reservations about buying it due to a slight quality issue. This might be the wrong forum, and if it is I apoligize and will repost in the proper place.

The problem I have is that there is more space between the low e string and the edge of the fretboard than there is with the high e string. It's not that big a deal because there is plenty of space between the high e and the edge so there is no chance of the string sliding off the edge, there is just more between the low e and the edge. Having said that it's a noticable difference. The nut is aligned perfectly, so that is not the problem, I think either the neck and body alignment isn't square or the bridge and tailpiece were drilled just a little off. I decided to buy it anyway because there is so much conflicting info on the amount of these that are going to be produced, that I thought I might not be able to find another one.

It Doesn't effect playability, but it just doesn't look right and i'm not used to seeing this on Les Pauls, although I have noticed it on a few epiphones. When I bought it, it didn't seem like a big deal, but has been grating on me since I got it home. I guess I will call gc and see if they can find another one or maybe Gibson can work with me.

Sorry if this seems like a rant.

My honeyburst arrived yesterday and all I can say is WOW!, it is beautiful, I can see no signs of any relicing, it does have a 3 piece back

and the first thing I noticed was how light it is, my 77 Standard weighed in at almost 10lbs. this one feels like a feather.

So far I think this guitar shines on the clean tones it nails the 50s sound perfectly, it will do heavy distortion just fine but put this staight into a class A tube amp and it shines. I promise later today I will take some pics and get them posted.the one minor issue I have is with the toggle switch, it does not want to stay in the rythm postion it constantly pops back into the center postion, I am thinking a swithcraft switch will do the trick, I remember reading something about an issue with th toggle switches early on, whats the story?

Archived