Gibson Brands Forums

Introducing the Les Paul Studio 50’s Tribute – Limited Run from Gibson USA

Gibson USA

While it's lovely that everyone in the US is playing and modding and comparing their Gold Tops, we've had nothing here in the UK! Weren't they being shipped to us via boat weeks ago? Are they now floating somewhere out to see? Or are they play testing them at Customs and Excise?

Please, if you've received anything from a UK dealer, please let me know as i'm close to giving up. Patience has almost worn through...

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While it's lovely that everyone in the US is playing and modding and comparing their Gold Tops, we've had nothing here in the UK! Weren't they being shipped to us via boat weeks ago? Are they now floating somewhere out to see? Or are they play testing them at Customs and Excise?

Please, if you've received anything from a UK dealer, please let me know as i'm close to giving up. Patience has almost worn through...

Hey, I'm still waiting on mine, but I think Mort got his. I think we've had alot of white, black and cherry burst coming into the uk. I know the shop i ordered from has had 2 of the others. They still can't give me a definite date though.

Cheers

G

Hey, I'm still waiting on mine, but I think Mort got his. I think we've had alot of white, black and cherry burst coming into the uk. I know the shop i ordered from has had 2 of the others. They still can't give me a definite date though.

Cheers

G

Some of us here in the good 'ole USA are still waiting, too.

I checked my Goldtop order at Music123 and now the delivery date changed to 12/24/2010

Am I really the only one here that thinks it's particularly crappy that GIbson won't address the issue of actual production schedules regarding this guitar?

They started this thread (after the flood, btw) and have had no problem pulling strings for folks who griped on the Henry forum...

Just seems like really poor customer relations, IMO.

(Patiently waiting for someone to tell me that there was a bad flood half a year ago...)

Am I really the only one here that thinks it's particularly crappy that GIbson won't address the issue of actual production schedules regarding this guitar?

They started this thread (after the flood, btw) and have had no problem pulling strings for folks who griped on the Henry forum...

Yeah it is bizarre: Check it out Musicians Friend is taking Pre-orders for Cherry Sunbursts again?

I'm so glad I didn't knew about this guitar before I saw it at GC! And I'm also happy I've bought it the old school way!

I feel so sorry for you guys! [bored]

I'm trying to figure out what's actually happening. (and yes I've read the 80 something pages of this topic)

Pre-orders exceed what each webstore can handle? And people who pre bought their guitars have no definitive date of delivery? Is that it? [confused]

(Patiently waiting for someone to tell me that there was a bad flood half a year ago...)

No Riverside, you are not the only one by a LONG shot!! Just about every page, if not then, every other page has long comments on them.

I believe we had this chat many times as well.

I'm so glad I didn't knew about this guitar before I saw it at GC! And I'm also happy I've bought it the old school way!

I feel so sorry for you guys! [bored]

I'm trying to figure out what's actually happening. (and yes I've read the 80 something pages of this topic)

Pre-orders exceed what each webstore can handle? And people who pre bought their guitars have no definitive date of delivery? Is that it? [confused]

Yep,that is it in a nutshell.

[confused] I know you've followed the thread closely. Are you saying you missed where Gibson did in fact address the actual production schedule of the guitar? [rolleyes] It's in the thread, and was quite specific.

While the production information may be posted elsewhere, it has been removed from post #1.

This?

Please let us clarify the production plan for the Les Paul Studio 50's Tribute. 60 guitars were shipped prior to May 1. The rest of the run will be completed based on a "month by month" plan August through December.

We are trying to give dealers, with valid orders on our books, an estimate of when their(Your)order will be fulfilled. That means we tell them the month we believe an order should be fulfilled. It's not perfect but at least it's an estimate.

One last thing. We did not oversell this Limited Run. When we hit the order limit, we programmed our order entry system to stop allowing any more orders. But this could mean, if your dealer's order is toward the end of the line, it could be December before you see that guitar.

It will be interesting, after all this, to see who actually keeps their guitar, and who sells it (probably for a profit), soon after they get it.

Frenzy, sometimes leads to unrealistic expectations, all around.

So, it would be interesting to know...of the ones who have already recieved their's, how many actually kept them, and who ordered them, to sell...or, just sold them, because they didn't live up to their expectations?

CB

It will be interesting, after all this, to see who actually keeps their guitar, and who sells it (probably for a profit), soon after they get it.

So, it would be interesting to know...of the ones who have already recieved their's, how many actually kept them, and who ordered them, to sell...or, just sold them, because they didn't live up to their expectations?

CB

I ain't selling mine,nosiree. I still got another one on order and I plan to keep that one too.How bout you Charlie? You selling yours?

101_0670.jpg

CB

I've been playing both the Gold Top and the Ebony, and I intend to keep them both.

There are 2 Gold Tops on Ebay here in the UK at the moment - one with a start bid of £800, another with a BIN of £2000 (though he would like offers). No one's biting yet as I don't think we've hit fever pitch about these guitars in Europe yet. If the big magazines review them, more people will become aware and want one, but as they're all sold out to dealers then there's not point covering them....

But we may yet have a Gold Top pandemic here in the UK.

Truetone6,

There is a difference between a plan and a schedule. At one time Gibson was posting numbers, but that was removed.

I believe it inexcusable for people who have ordered and paid to be left waiting while others walk into stores and buy these guitars off the shelf. This is a huge problem in my eyes. Now if Gibson's customer service and organization were a mere fraction of the quality of their product....

Truetone6,

There is a difference between a plan and a schedule. At one time Gibson was posting numbers, but that was removed.

Yes,unfortunately the last time they updated the numbers was on August 28th:

Update 8/28/2010.....GUITARS SHIPPED OUT SO FAR IN AUGUST

AUSTRALIA - 22

AUSTRIA - 2

CANADA - 17

GERMANY - 17

IRELAND - 2

JAPAN - 47

SCANINAVIA - 39

SWITZERLAND - 3

UNITED KINGDOM - 57

USA - 273

I believe it inexcusable for people who have ordered and paid to be left waiting while others walk into stores and buy these guitars off the shelf. This is a huge problem in my eyes...

Why?

Why do you think dealers who take & charge for pre-orders should be given special preference by Gibson over other dealers when Gibson ships out their guitars? Do you think Gibson knows which dealers have pre-sold guitars and which ones haven't? Should they? Should they care? Why should Gibson be responsible because a merchant sold guitars they didn't have?

I think dealers who promote walk-in purchases should be given preference over on-line sellers...because I don't like to shop for guitars on-line.

Henry J., in regards to making more 50s Tributes available in a 'limited fashion'...

"This is meant to prevent the many problems and disappointments caused by dealers taking orders before they had instruments."

Archived