Gibson Brands Forums

Introducing the Les Paul Studio 50’s Tribute – Limited Run from Gibson USA

Gibson USA

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know, now that I see the Honey's ( great pics. ), I am almost wanting to pick up one of them with the Cherry I already have, but the costs....

Has anybody seen any extra Honey's around at Ash or new some where else?? I don't really want a used one if I can help it.... eusa_think.gif

eBay... [flapper]

Seriously though, the HBs should be quite a bit easier to find than the GTs. Just keep your eyes open for one, it will surface (also remember a lot of these still are to come at various retailers). Shouldn't need to pay a penny over $849 (*plus tax and/or delivery). Might even get a discount somewhere.

Just thought you might lik to see this photo of MLP forum member lilkuku's 1973 Deluxe(Left) next to my Studio 50s Tribute(right).

IMG_0007-2-1.jpg101_0548-1-2-1.jpg

Interesting, how the contouring, on the body of the Deluxe, is much less

(typical, for "Norlin" era Deluxe's), than the "Tribute"...which is more like

the originals. The finish, seems a bit nicer, overall, on the Deluxe...but,

that's to be expected, really. Two different approaches, finish quality wise.

Looks good, though. Kinda makes me want to put on a ABR-1 bridge though.

The "Nashville," as nice a bridge, as it is...looks "out of place/character"

on the "Tribute"...IMHO. So...I may do, just that, to mine? Time will tell.

CB

Love my HSB.

dsc0042bg.jpg

It just oozes tone and it's dead sexy too. And I have to say, I haven't seen another fretboard like this, with the swirling rosewood up and down the whole thing. I got really lucky with this baby. [thumbup]

Zonk, that thing is one of the nice HBs I've seen. Congrats, bro!

Steve

Is this a new development in the GT saga, or have I missed something being away from the thread?? I started a new short term job this week, and am working 12 hour days plus an hour commute each way. Will probably go to 7 days next week, so I won't be around here much for the next month or so.

So what's new you ask? Got a call from my GC Rep. Friday night. Had something for me. Yep, Guitar Center is finally coming through with the 50's Tribute Gold Tops! [woot] Picked it up after work last night. I know you want pics, but my camera is currently mia, if I find it I'll try to shoot, resize and upload some to post later today.

Has a nice feel, set up seems a bit better than my other one. Neck may be different too (need to plug it in and do a function check/sound comparison). So I'll compare them directly then. But it's staying in the box for now other than that (barely any time to play for now).

It has a 4 piece back, and the Worn Gold Top finish seems a bit thinner than the other. It is certainly uniquely not identical, which is a good thing.

Could have canceled the order after finding the other. But this thing was pre paid, and frankly I wanted to see if GC would eventually come through, as though I was not promised a guitar, all the info I could get showed there to be no reason for me to not get one of their thirty something examples. And, as it turned out, on October 8th, they delivered!

Is this a new development in the GT saga, or have I missed something being away from the thread?? I started a new short term job this week, and am working 12 hour days plus an hour commute each way. Will probably go to 7 days next week, so I won't be around here much for the next month or so.

So what's new you ask? Got a call from my GC Rep. Friday night. Had something for me. Yep, Guitar Center is finally coming through with the 50's Tribute Gold Tops! [woot] Picked it up after work last night. I know you want pics, but my camera is currently mia, if I find it I'll try to shoot, resize and upload some to post later today.

Has a nice feel, set up seems a bit better than my other one. Neck may be different too (need to plug it in and do a function check/sound comparison). So I'll compare them directly then. But it's staying in the box for now other than that (barely any time to play for now).

It has a 4 piece back, and the Worn Gold Top finish seems a bit thinner than the other. It is certainly uniquely not identical, which is a good thing.

Could have canceled the order after finding the other. But this thing was pre paid, and frankly I wanted to see if GC would eventually come through, as though I was not promised a guitar, all the info I could get showed there to be no reason for me to not get one of their thirty something examples. And, as it turned out, on October 8th, they delivered!

Happy birthday T Bone! I hear ya when you say it has become a quest on getting the G.T. msp_thumbup.gif

I guess I'll be the first to congrats you and give you a cigar! What's that make now, 2 gold and 2 Honey's??

Hear ya on the work front, now you can at least help pay for your babies.

Good seeing you out here T....msp_biggrin.gif

Scott

I guess I'll be the first to congrats you and give you a cigar! What's that make now, 2 gold and 2 Honey's??

Scott

Well, two GT and one HB in the 50's Tributes. But the Classic Antique is finished in HB also. And then there's the TV Yellow Robot Jr. Special.

Congrats T Bone! You gonna flip one of the the goldtops? One sold on Ebay yesterday for $2250!

Really? Wow! I'm surprised, and I did do a search earlier and missed it.

My original intentions were to mod one, either a Bigsby or Mini Humbuckers (or both), but flipping on the 'Bay is something I've considered. While I wouldn't think of paying the high prices some have for one of these, I wouldn't fault those who would. They are unique, limited and not easy to acquire. They're a very cool guitar also. Just that the low price is a large part of their appeal in my mind. But if someone feels they just must have one, and wanted to pay a higher price, their call, as long as there is no misrepresentation from the Seller. And if the sale could bring me the majority of the funds (say 2/3) of a nicely priced/well shopped R6, then why not? I'd certainly prefer an R6 and 50's Tribute GT to two 50's Tribute GT's.

Probably won't decide until after this job is over. So other than a test run and pics, this one will remain NIB in case I do go that route. My other one is used, and regardless of what I do with it's new sibling, it will remain here with me.

And they say they'll ship by Nov. 6th! Short wait, for those who've so far been on the fence or missed the boat, this looks like a great opportunity. I'd suggest you snap them up!

Here's my update - shipping dates pushed off until November. I'm about ready to throw in the towel. People who ordered after me, or never ordered at all already have theirs...And now somebody is taking more orders for goldtops? I was trying to give Gibson the benefit of the doubt, but something went very wrong here.

Here's my update - shipping dates pushed off until November. I'm about ready to throw in the towel. People who ordered after me, or never ordered at all already have theirs...And now somebody is taking more orders for goldtops? I was trying to give Gibson the benefit of the doubt, but something went very wrong here.

Who did you order yours from? Don't give up yet. The Music 123 page is a glitch,people who tried it said they couldn't order and when they called Music 123 were told they had Black ones in stock and White ones and Cherry Sunbursts on order but not Gold Tops or Honey Bursts.

Love my HSB.

dsc0042bg.jpg

It just oozes tone and it's dead sexy too. And I have to say, I haven't seen another fretboard like this, with the swirling rosewood up and down the whole thing. I got really lucky with this baby. [thumbup]

Zonk, did you change the "hardware," on your HB Tribute. The pickguard bracket, looks different, as does the bridge.

"Tone Pro's?"

CB

+1

Agreed Gibson totally dropped the ball on this one! and it remains a comedy of errors!

+1

Agreed Gibson totally dropped the ball on this one! and it remains a comedy errors!

Is the problem Gibson or the communications to / through the dealers? Possibly one in the same but not quite clear. If you order one of a limited run product 1:100 say and there are 50 dealers, some large, some small that order 1000 guitars who gets what and when? The problem I see is if its a first come first served is that the dealers first come first served or the customer? Does that mean if you order from Amazon or GC you're more likely (or less likely?) to get one of X.

Who did you order yours from? Don't give up yet. The Music 123 page is a glitch,people who tried it said they couldn't order and when they called Music 123 were told they had Black ones in stock and White ones and Cherry Sunbursts on order but not Gold Tops or Honey Bursts.

Early May, Amazon and middle May American Musical. Amazon was the first taking orders, I believe...but they still haven't shipped any? It doesn't make any sense.

Is the problem Gibson or the communications to / through the dealers? Possibly one in the same but not quite clear. If you order one of a limited run product 1:100 say and there are 50 dealers, some large, some small that order 1000 guitars who gets what and when? The problem I see is if its a first come first served is that the dealers first come first served or the customer? Does that mean if you order from Amazon or GC you're more likely (or less likely?) to get one of X.

Good question if you had have asked that 4 or 5 months ago I might have said communication break down.(flood and all)

But six months later and you see how it's been handled with the promotion and distribution end of things the wtf syndrome sorta kicks in and

you can understand the plight of some of the Fans as Henry might say like Blackflag who`s been waiting patiently for his order

to be fulfilled only to hear of others who where lucky enough to get one without waiting with no pre order you have to wonder!

In my case I was the first to post about them on May 9th with pics (something new)and placed an order for a GT that week with receipt.

Here in Canada we have only one distributor of Gibson products who ships Canada wide to all the retailers There`s only one guy to deal with who deals directly with Gibson so our communication line is very short. And he says there is no communication break down it`s simply pain old everyday Company BS and when you look at the distribution of this particular model nation wide and internationally (numbers wise) along comes that wtf syndrome again! especially for the FANS who have been waiting in anticipation with frustration for 6 months!! and it goes on and on.. anyway thanks and I and apologise now for the rant......................patiently waiting!!

Rob

... I and apologise now for the rant......................patiently waiting!!

Rob

No apologies required. I'm patiently (ok, not so patiently :) ) waiting on a guitar myself, an LP Standard 2010. Only 2 months and change waiting so I've got nothing to complain about given the flood etc. Just wish I knew for sure that it was actually going to materialize. I'd hate to find out a month or 4 from now that since I went through the wrong dealer I was hosed from day 1.

Archived