Gibson Brands Forums

Slash’s Tone Secrets Revealed!

dem00n

" its in the hands' date=' its strictly in the hands" end of discussion

are you telling me that he has someone backstage doing ALL his effect changes and all he has onstage is a wah ?? [/quote']

Yea, in the interview with Adam Day, another tech previously, he said all Slash operates live is the wah and talkbox.

great link, but, i could not stop myself from laughing. I left this comment "So, if i understand correctly, Slash doesn't use any of the original '58,'59 '60's LP's that he owns. hmmmmm , very interesting. I'll have to run out , and buy me a

CS Slash right away.it will only be my 6th. LP. thanks for that great info."

I just had to. sorry Gibson , it's been 1 of those days . LMFAO !!!!

Ok, first off, I never owned a GnR album, ever.

Not a fan of VR either, but I still don't understand why Slash gets so much grief?

I like what I've heard from his new solo album.

I think he as a performer is total rock'n'roll, pure rockstar in the vein of Keith Richards.

Why all the hate on Slash? What am I missing? [crying]

Ok' date=' first off, I never owned a GnR album, ever.

Not a fan of VR either, but I still don't understand why Slash gets so much grief?

I like what I've heard from his new solo album.

I think he as a performer is total rock'n'roll, pure rockstar in the vein of Keith Richards.

Why all the hate on Slash? What am I missing? [crying

Ive never been a GNR fan or a VR fan either,, on the Flip side of what cabba said,, why the LOVE ?? some people put him up with some of the best,, I dont see it personally, yes he has Les Paul/Marshall tones and he can lay down a few riffs,, but to put him up in the top 10 of all times is BEYOND me,, Ive NEVER hear one thing from him that I was in AWE of,,, I mean I listen to Gary Moore and I say "WOW" but certainly NOT Slash's stuff :-s:-k

Why all the hate on Slash? What am I missing? [crying]

I've no idea.

The only track I have featuring the guy is when he plays the solo on Lenny Kravitz' "Always On the Run" and he's fine by me.

Perhaps people think he gets a bit too much exposure in the media?

I'm with Mojo; 26 mins of clips?. Informative they may be but - Life's too short.

At least while I type this I can listen to some good music...

Ive never been a GNR fan or a VR fan either' date=', on the Flip side of what cabba said,, why the LOVE ?? some people put him up with some of the best,, I dont see it personally, yes he has Les Paul/Marshall tones and he can lay down a few riffs,, but to put him up in the top 10 of all times is BEYOND me,, Ive NEVER hear one thing from him that I was in AWE of,,, I mean I listen to Gary Moore and I say "WOW" but certainly NOT Slash's stuff [crying]:-s [/quote']

I would never compare Slash to Gary Moore, no contest there I agree.

My guitar "god" who I worship on guitar is Tony Iommi but his leads aren't anywhere near Gary Moore or a Vai either.

I think what makes a guitar idol is more than just virtuosity.

I would never compare Slash to Gary Moore' date=' no contest there I agree.

My guitar "god" who I worship on guitar is Tony Iommi but his leads aren't anywhere near Gary Moore or a Vai either.

I think what makes a guitar idol is more than just virtuosity.[/quote']

hey,, I like you Cabba [crying] Im a huge Iommi fan too, so much that I bought the Epiphone SG just for kicks,, we are on the same page :-s

I think Iommi has some amazing solo capability,, Ive heard some solos from him that I was in awe of, plus his riffs are some of the best Ive heard in my lifetime,, a MAJOR influence in my style of play,, MAN I LOVE that Sabbath Bloody Sabbath album !! of course Heaven and Hell is another all time fav too,, probably my favorite tones from Tony on that album

hey' date=', I like you Cabba [biggrin'] Im a huge Iommi fan too, so much that I bought the Epiphone SG just for kicks,, we are on the same page [crying]

I think Iommi has some amazing solo capability,, Ive heard some solos from him that I was in awe of, plus his riffs are some of the best Ive heard in my lifetime,, a MAJOR influence in my style of play,, MAN I LOVE that Sabbath Bloody Sabbath album !! of course Heaven and Hell is another all time fav too,, probably my favorite tones from Tony on that album

Sabbath Bloody Sabbath had some great playing on it indeed (also on Technical Ecstasy), and I am molded by the riffing of Ozzy era Sabb but my favorite work by Sabbath and playing by Tony is the Mob Rules album.

I agree Tony's no slouch but you know what I mean, he gets respect as a Riff Master but kind of set aside as a lead player because he doesn't play like (insert favorite shredder here).

I think that's what may be happening with Slash, no?

Technical ecstasy has some fantastic stuff on it too,, there is one tune that starts out slow but Tony LITES it up at the end, forget the name of that tune but some fantastic lead trills at the end,, a buddy of mine and I went down to the hotel they were staying at when the were recording that album in Miami beach, (the Thunderbird Hotel) we went up to their room but nobody was there, so on the way back down the elevator, just as the door opened the entire band was there ready to get on, Ozzy looked at us and said " hey, how's it going guys" we were STAR struck young kids then, but it was WAY cool !!

Mob Rules is another great tune, I use to play Mob Rules in a band years ago along with some stuff off Vol. 4 and Maters of Reality too,, great stuff !!!

I was also a HUGE fan of the Sabotage album, Hole in the sky, Symptom of the Universe,, Killer riff !!

I have no hate for Slash but i don't have a lot of love for him. He's a solid guitar player that lets it all out when he performs. I think its the people who think he's not that good that get upset with his god-like status with many....

Its just opinions...Iommi rules....i like his riffin...was never amazed by his solos..like you cabba...

Technical ecstasy has some fantastic stuff on it too' date=', there is one tune that starts out slow but Tony LITES it up at the end, forget the name of that tune but some fantastic lead trills at the end,, a buddy of mine and I went down to the hotel they were staying at when the were recording that album in Miami beach, (the Thunderbird Hotel) we went up to their room but nobody was there, so on the way back down the elevator, just as the door opened the entire band was there ready to get on, Ozzy looked at us and said " hey, how's it going guys" we were STAR struck young kids then, but it was WAY cool !!

Mob Rules is another great tune, I use to play Mob Rules in a band years ago along with some stuff off Vol. 4 and Maters of Reality too,, great stuff !!![/quote']

Man, that had to be awesome!

I'm not a Slash fan but he's a good player by any standard. Heard him interviewed on the radio recently and he's seems like a good bloke too.

I liked the vids alot.

I certainly think he's got his head on better then his buddy AXL' date=', cant stand that A$$hole !!!!!

here is that Sabbath tune that I love the leads on from technical

[YOUTUBE']http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wz3-AL-G7XY&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

I certainly think he's got his head on better then his buddy AXL' date=', cant stand that A$$hole !!!!!

here is that Sabbath tune that I love the leads on from technical

[YOUTUBE']http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wz3-AL-G7XY&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

Yeah, that album seems to never get mentioned, same with Never Say Die, and both had some great songs and playing on them.

Ive never been a GNR fan or a VR fan either' date=', on the Flip side of what cabba said,, why the LOVE ?? some people put him up with some of the best,, I dont see it personally, yes he has Les Paul/Marshall tones and he can lay down a few riffs,, but to put him up in the top 10 of all times is BEYOND me,, Ive NEVER hear one thing from him that I was in AWE of,,, I mean I listen to Gary Moore and I say "WOW" but certainly NOT Slash's stuff [biggrin][crying] [/quote']

Means a lot, coming from a guy that has a John Mayer Strat.

Archived