Gibson Brands Forums

Best distortion demo ever.... (2 much Vai)

daveinspain

Steves great! you can tell he doesnt have his head up his butt like OTHER guitar gods.

I agree.

I've only seen his live shows via DVD but from what they show (as well as his comments in interviews) Vai seems totally comfortable letting other players shine and play as well as himself. He seems dedicated to having his music sound as incredible as it can be and fun, not just an ego trip where it's all about himself.

I agree.

I've only seen his live shows via DVD but from what they show (as well as his comments in interviews) Vai seems totally comfortable letting other players shine and play as well as himself. He seems dedicated to having his music sound as incredible as it can be and fun' date=' not just an ego trip where it's all about himself.

[/quote']

he is a very nice man in person.

steve and me [smile]

021.jpg

But I am hearing like some chorus, delay, and reverb that I don't think are coming from that pedal or the Legacy and having played a Legacy I am pretty sure I could come close to those distortion sounds right out of the amp which I personally MUCH prefer.

I guess it's all a matter of what you like . . . Vai is an amazing player but I tend to agree with Yoda on the overprocessed sound.

Steve, you really don't need to process your sound that much at all. Just play dude. Just play.

I'm with Canon and Yoda, also. It was more entertaining than Informative, he needed to cut the Echo, Reverb, Chorus, and whatever else he had going on to really hear the pedal. I like the idea of a Distortion and Overdrive in one pedal, but he should have had a Real Clean channel to demo it on.

I'm with Canon and Yoda' date=' also. It was more entertaining than Informative, he needed to cut the Echo, Reverb, Chorus, and whatever else he had going on to really hear the pedal. I[b'] like the idea of a Distortion and Overdrive in one pedal, but he should have had a Real Clean channel to demo it on.[/b]

I agree, but the pedal size, you could have two pedals of your choosing, and I believe its 200 for the pedal(?) For 200, I could get a distortion and an overdrive I like more, just saying. He needs to have a clean channel to demo, that is the one thing I can not stand about the mxr demos: the guy plays through a distorted amp as it is!

He seems like a cool guy though

Archived