Gibson Brands Forums

McDonalds

Californiaman

Well they've gone and done it now.

Pissed off the United States beef growers.

I'd say cattle ranchers all over America have a beef to pick with McDonalds Corp.

MUST Read about McDonalds

THIS IS A GOOD DECENT MAN WHO TOOK THE TIME TO WRITE THIS AND: HE SIGNED THE STATEMENT AND: INCLUDED HIS CONTACT INFO:

I'm sure those of you who aren't in the cattle business don't understand the

issues here. But to those of us

whose living depends on the cattle market, selling cattle, raising the best

beef possible... This is frustrating.

This will keep us from ever stopping there again, even for a drink.

The original message is from the Texas Cattle Feeders Association

American cattle producers are very passionate about this

McDonald's claims that there is not enough beef in the USA to support their

restaurants. Well, we know that is not so. Our opinion is they are looking

to save money at our expense. The sad thing of it is that the people of the

USA are the ones who made McDonald's successful in the first place, but we

are not good enough to provide beef.

We personally are no longer eating at McDonald's, which I am sure does not

make an impact, but if we pass this around maybe there will be an impact

felt

All Americans that sell cows at a livestock auction barn had to sign a paper

stating that we do NOT EVER feed our cows any part of another cow. South

Americans are not required to do this as of yet.

McDonald's has announced that they are going to start importing much of

their beef from South America . The problem is that South Americans aren't

under the same regulations as American beef producers, and the regulations

they have are loosely controlled.

They can spray numerous pesticides on their pastures that have been banned

here at home because of residues found in the beef. They can also use

various hormones and growth regulators that we can't. The American public

needs to be aware of this problem and that they may be putting themselves at

risk from now on by eating at good old McDonald's..

American ranchers raise the highest quality beef in the world and this is

what Americans deserve to eat. Not beef from countries where quality is

loosely controlled. Therefore, I am proposing a boycott of

McDonald's until they see the light.

I'm sorry but everything is not always about the bottom line, and when it

comes to jeopardizing my family's health, that is where I draw the line.

I am sending this note to about thirty people. If each of you send it to at

least ten more (30 x 10 = 300) ..and those 300 send it to at least ten more

(300 x 10 = 3,000) ... and so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth generation of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION

consumers!

I'll bet you didn't think you and I had that much potential, did you? Acting

together we can make a difference. If this makes sense to you, please pass this message on..

David W. Forrest, Ph.D ., PAS, Dipl.

ACAP Department of Animal Science

Texas A&M University

Phone (979) 845-3560

Fax (979) 862-3399

2471 TAMU College Station , TX 77843-2471

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, this has me right pissed, actually. It's shameful that an iconic American company would be controlled by none other than good old-fashioned greed and tight-fistedness towards producing a potentially unsafe product all to save some money. There's empirical proof of the dangers of pesticides on beef-feeding pastures, as far as residues are concerned--residues which are dangerous for human consumption as well as for cattle consumption. There's also empirical evidence suggesting the dangers of feeding beef to cattle (the problems related to this should be obvious) and it's a frightening proposition to consider that consumers may one day be fed beef which could have been tainted in this way. If I didn't already avoid McDonald's, then I'd stop being a customer right now. The North American consumers should not be subjected to the potential dangers of tainted beef, and the North American cattle farmers should not be frozen out of potential business for the sake of saving McDonald's a few million dollars extra.

It's all very sad, and unfortunately it's also all very predictable.

I'll send this out tonight. Thanks for sharing, Caliman.

All the McDonalds hamburgers made in America in one day is probably s few cows. Can't say I'm surprised only thing I found amazing is that McDonalds still uses beef, I figured it was some kind of processed soy. I'd boycott them but it won't work since I quit eating McDonalds years ago.

Say what you like about Micky-dees, but they use the best of everything. I dont believe for a minute that they will

import beef.

Ill admit that I enjoy a big mac from time to time, but thats it....their fries (which used to be good) are terrible now.

bring back trans fats!!!!

Say what you like about Micky-dees' date=' but they use the best of everything. I dont believe for a minute that they will

import beef.

Ill admit that I enjoy a big mac from time to time, but thats it....their fries (which used to be good) are terrible now.

bring back trans fats!!!![/quote']

I blame obama, no serisouly

You see the bullshit his wife is ****ing doing?!?

Well , i also stopped eating Mcdonalds many years ago. and if they do import beef from South America , they will be in for a big suprise. Unless they

process the beef some way. it will never taste like American beef. Not even close. they will loose customers left ad right. One of the countries that will

most likely sell them beef is Brasil. I have been there many times and from first hand knowledge. i know that it ain't the same.

Bye,Bye, Miky Dees !!!!! LOL

Well.... I don't like McDonalds but now I really won't be eating there. I'm sort of paranoid about that kind of stuff. I'm afraid of eating stuff that I think will give me cancer.

:-s

Dont you smoke weed to man? [lol]

I eat spicy sausage patties from WalMart.

Best not to know from whence it came I guess.

I have been hearing high pitched voices, my skin is turning a little bit reptilian, and I can set fire to objects if I stare at them long enough.

Unrelated I'm sure. [biggrin]

Looking further, I found this.....

Comments: The grain of truth in this alarmist rant is that McDonald's indeed announced in mid-2002 that the company would test imported beef in a small percentage of its U.S. restaurants. However, the meat in question was to be produced in New Zealand and Australia, not South America.

McDonald's cited a short supply of lean beef as the reason for the experiment. The imported product would come from grass-fed herds, the company said, which tend to yield leaner meat than the mostly grain-fed cattle raised in the United States.

Even so, many U.S. cattle producers called for a boycott of McDonald's, sometimes citing the same health and safety concerns brought up in this chain letter. Their alarmism rang a bit disingenuous, however, given that Americans already consumed roughly 1.5 million tons of imported beef per year, much of it from Australia and New Zealand. In fact, as of 2002, the United States imports more beef than any other country in the world.

If non-U.S. beef per se really does constitute a serious health threat to American consumers, McDonald's tentative foray into the foreign market would seem to be the least of our worries.

looks like more e-mail, chain letter, B. S.

I gave up just about all fast food after reading Fast Food Nation and The Omnivore's Dilemma. It was a real eye opener. South American beef or not, McDonald's and other consumers of beef don't just contribute to unhealthy raising of livestock, but perpetuate the need to feed them, which is primarily corn, which is - IMHO - a pretty lousy crop to have in all parts of our food supply.

I gave up just about all fast food after reading Fast Food Nation and The Omnivore's Dilemma. It was a real eye opener. South American beef or not' date=' McDonald's and other consumers of beef don't just contribute to unhealthy raising of livestock, but perpetuate the need to feed them, which is primarily corn, which is - IMHO - a pretty lousy crop to have in all parts of our food supply.[/quote']

Exactly.

And I have a hard time seeing people getting their panties in a bunch over a 69¢ processed piece of meat that was made in a laboratory and reheated.

McDonalds is not food. Try making something in your own kitchen that does not involved putting a frozen dinner into the microwave or reheating a can of whatever on the stove.

I stopped eatting at McDonalds a long time ago because it made me feel like crap. I can still go to Wendy's, BurgerKing, or Harvey's fine, but no McD's for me. So I guess I've been supporting not going for close to 5 or 6 years now.

Even then, I try to make it a treat instead of a "hey I haven't been to (fast food place) yet this week I could really use a (greasy food substitute) right now.

Don't get me wrong; sometimes a greasy burger really hits the spot, but as Cookie Monster was forced to accept there are sometimes foods, and fast food is one of them.

Am I the only one who doesn't care? I am dead serious when I saw I had THE best steak I have ever eaten in my life when I went to visit my homeland in Chile. Hands down the juiciest, most flavorful steak I have ever eaten. Chile has a reputation of excellent wine, seafood and beef. A lot of people don't usually correlate Chile with beef but it's true. According to Andrew Zimmern, Argentina also has a reputation for excellent beef. Like most of you, I am surprised McD's uses real beef at all. I eat there when I'm in a hurry. I prefer Wendy's.

I blame obama' date=' no serisouly

You see the bull**** his wife is ****ing doing?!?[/quote']

Obama!? How can you blame Obama for McDonalds acting like corporate America by selling out to foreign interests? Corporate America dies not put America first. Like the banking industry, their profits far outrank any considerations of what might be good for America.

Archived