Gibson Brands Forums

Telecaster pickguard, 2 options.

Thundergod

I like my Teles plain as possible, so the white.

I think you'd get sick of the tortoise after a while. And my wife has pointed out on many guitars with fancier pickguards, that's what your eyes are drawn to and you miss the 'big picture'. The pickguard is all you see.

Because of the use of an atypical body colour (blue), the white pickguard fits always best. Is an obvious choice. But I would customize that tele more by trying all kinds of colours familiar with blue (and thus not the tortoise). My personal thought: the current maple neck and the white pichkguard create a huge contrast with the ocean blue body...my 2 cents...and please don't kill me TG [biggrin]

Because of the use of an atypical body colour (blue)' date=' the white pickguard fits always best. Is an obvious choice. But I would customize that tele more by trying all kinds of colours familiar with blue (and thus not the tortoise). My personal thought: the current maple neck and the white pichkguard create a huge contrast with the ocean blue body...my 2 cents...and please don't kill me TG [biggrin']

[thumbup]

White.

Tortoise on light bodies can look good but not on your blue with maple neck.

Funnily enough if it had a rosewood board the T/t would look a lot better than with the maple.

IMHO.

Archived