Gibson Brands Forums

Great Second Albums

Californiaman

Just picked up a copy of Van Halen II Wednesday.

Great sophomore effort from them. I think Duane was even saying it was one of his favorite albums.

For some bands, despite all the hype, the second release turns out to be a terrible album for what ever reason.

Can you think of other great second releases from your favorite bands that rival the first? If so please post.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Black Crowes Southern Harmony And Musical Companion. One of the best albums ever recorded 2nd or otherwise. It was vastly superior to their first album.

100% agree. The first album is crap. Southern Harmony is when they started to come into their own.

The Band - s/t.

How do you rival one of the greatest debut albums of all time (Music from Big Pink)? With this beauty.

the_band_shadow_gimp.jpg

Music From Big Pink was a near impossible album to follow up, but they did a fine job! God I love the band.

Just picked up a copy of Van Halen II Wednesday.

Great sophomore effort from them. I think Duane was even saying it was one of his favorite albums.

For some bands' date=' despite all the hype, the second release turns out to be a terrible album for what ever reason.

Can you think of other great second releases from your favorite bands that rival the first? If so please post.[/quote']

I can't think of any better second album than VH II.

Consolers of the Lonely- Raconteurs. Amazing stuff, first album was good, this was great. Now if they only made more...

Sea of Cowards- Dead Weather. Not a huge fan of the first album, but I really got into them on this album.

Don't call me a Jack White fanboy, both of these bands I fell in love with before I even knew it was him

Archived