Gibson Brands Forums

can i sit next to you girl?

S t e v e

I'm very disappointed with this whole thread, I thought it had women in it but NO just AC/DC....Steve no more nice inbox letters for you, you made the bad list lmao..

Get the SG and yes Bon Scott rocks. Oh and btw do you know what I'm going to say about you spending the money on a new guitar don't you? lmao

GREAT song! One of my favorites by AC/DC.

RichCI, or any of you other AC/DC fans correct me if I'm wrong. Does AC/DC have the second guitar player (the one

not playing the SG) only when they play live, or is he a regular part of the band? I'm just starting to get into AC/DC's

music because I love the way Angus Young plays lead on his trusty SG, both studio recordings and live. I grew up in

the Led Zeppelin era and admire a lot of Jimmy Page's guitar playing, but live they sort of lack because there's no

other guitar player to fill in those other parts that Jimmy normally overdubs in the studio recordings. I think you guys know what I mean.

To the guy who is GAS'ing over the SG...Get it over with and take the plunge. That guitar has been a staple (other

than the Les Paul) for a number of Rockers. So go ahead and get yer ya-ya's out!

RichCI' date=' or any of you other AC/DC fans correct me if I'm wrong. Does AC/DC have the second guitar player (the one

not playing the SG) only when they play live, or is he a regular part of the band? I'm just starting to get into AC/DC's

music because I love the way Angus Young plays lead on his trusty SG, both studio recordings and live. I grew up in

the Led Zeppelin era and admire a lot of Jimmy Page's guitar playing, but live they sort of lack because there's no

other guitar player to fill in those other parts that Jimmy normally overdubs in the studio recordings. I think you guys know what I mean.

To the guy who is GAS'ing over the SG...Get it over with and take the plunge. That guitar has been a staple (other

than the Les Paul) for a number of Rockers. So go ahead and get yer ya-ya's out!

[/quote']

That's Angus' brother Malcolm some say he is the real brains of their musical style. He has always been with the band I think he is older than Angus.

Rewd.

Rewddawg1, thanks for the clarification on the other guitar player, Malcolm. That's cool; he's Angus' brother. I caught him in the video, during Angus' solo putting some nice riffs of his own in, but he doesn't in any way try to upstage his

younger brother. :-s

DONT GET FADED' date=' YOU WILL REGRET IT FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE[/quote']

I disagree about the regret part, the Faded is a very nice model. I love mine and at this point I wouldn't trade it off for a Standard if someone offered it to me.

But yeah, I think that Steve should probably go for a Standard if it's in his budget. Hell, they're pretty reasonable compared to a lot of Les Pauls.

RichCI' date=' or any of you other AC/DC fans correct me if I'm wrong. Does AC/DC have the second guitar player (the one

[/quote']

Malcolm is with them all the time, both on stage and in the studio. He is Angus' brother and is older than him by 4 years. Didn't you notice that there are 2 guitars on the studio recording? Malcolm actually writes most of their music. :-s

Malcolm is with them all the time' date=' both on stage and in the studio. He is Angus' brother and is older than him by 4 years. Didn't you notice that there are 2 guitars on the studio recording? Malcolm actually writes most of their music. [cool']

Tman5293, I have noticed that there are two guitar parts (or more) in the studio recordings. I've only heard AC/DC on

the radio or Webcast. I don't have any of their albums, but have recently been getting into their stuff. That's why I

made the comment in my original note about Led Zeppelin and Jimmy Page, as he does a lot of overdubbing in the

studio recordings and because they don't have or bring another guitar player with them when the play live, sometimes

it's lacking, even though Jimmy Page is a great player, where AC/DC sounds as good live, sometime better, than the

studio recording.

Much of the legendary AC/DC TONE (it's capitalized for a reason) in every song you hear is Malcomb.

The leads are all Angus, but the vast majority of the rhythm is Malcomb on an old Gretsch semi hollow.

Do a web search, you'll find it. There's even a signature version of it.

Basically a hollowed-out Les Paul with a single bridge pickup.

Listen to ANYTHING from the Bon Scott era, Highway To Hell was the last album before he died in 1980.

High Voltage and Powerage are my favorites, Powerage is by far the most Blues-oriented.

Back in Black was the first album with singer Brian Johnson, their biggest seller of all time.

Killer album, along with the follow-up For Those About To Rock, We Salute You.

After that, my interest begins to wane, but every album they ever put out has some good stuff on it.

What I love more than anything is Angus' rig - it doesn't get any simpler.

SG -> instrument cable -> Marshall Plexi.

Plug it in, crank it up, and ROCK.

He uses a wireless onstage, but no effects at all.

I understand Malcomb does the same thing.

Oh, yeah, get the SG.

You can't live your entire life as a loser!

[biggrin]

set-72157602102764955

set-72157602102764955

What the fxck is with my Flick'r account and the red x?

Anybody else see pics there, or just the red x?

Here, I'll try this;

2206880455_e5b66f9798_m.jpg2207669912_473167d426_m.jpg

Now they're too small.

<Heavy sigh....>

Much of the legendary AC/DC TONE (it's capitalized for a reason) in every song you hear is Malcomb.

The leads are all Angus' date=' but the vast majority of the rhythm is Malcomb on an old Gretsch semi hollow.

Do a web search, you'll find it. There's even a signature version of it.

Basically a hollowed-out Les Paul with a single bridge pickup.

Listen to ANYTHING from the Bon Scott era, [i']Highway To Hell[/i] was the last album before he died in 1980.

High Voltage and Powerage are my favorites, Powerage is by far the most Blues-oriented.

Back in Black was the first album with singer Brian Johnson, their biggest seller of all time.

Killer album, along with the follow-up For Those About To Rock, We Salute You.

After that, my interest begins to wane, but every album they ever put out has some good stuff on it.

What I love more than anything is Angus' rig - it doesn't get any simpler.

SG -> instrument cable -> Marshall Plexi.

Plug it in, crank it up, and ROCK.

He uses a wireless onstage, but no effects at all.

I understand Malcomb does the same thing.

Completely OT here, but...

Powerage is, by far, my favorite AC/DC album.

You got good taste, Neo.[biggrin]

Steve, get the SG. Get a good one.

Archived