Gibson Brands Forums

UPS STRIKES AGAIN!

Was to have received my new Frenzel amp today, from UPS. Online tracking says the package arrived in San Pablo, CA thi morning at 8:52. This is about 5 miles from my apartment. UPS then put the amp on another truck at 10:00 and sent it to San Bruno, CA - 30 miles away in a different direction (they had to drive past my apartment to get across the Bay Bridge) and rescheduled the delivery for tomorrow. When I asked for an explanation, UPS says it was because the package was physically shipped 3 days later than the billing info was prepared. When I asked what in hell that has to do with a non-delivery of a package ALREADY HERE, there is no answer.

Why, oh why can't corporate minds THINK about what they actually DO rather than trying to justify what they've already done? and, even more importantly, why do they feel totally unaccountable? Well, that one's because they are. Ain't it a shame?

EDIT: The "Customer Service Representative" actually told me it could not be delivered until tomorrow because it was scheduled as a 4 day delivery!

@$%$%_(&*&*%$$@#@$$@#$^(*(&*$%#@%*)(*&^%$%^!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If they always delivered early people might expect it and then the higher priced 3 day service would be compromised. (Um, do they offer a three day service?) I'm being somewhat facetious but there is a certain illogic on what they do.

Sorry, it just fries me. I was taught a man's word is his bond, and that's the loophole corporations exploit. Not a real person to hold responsible. I've spent nearly 50 years trying (and occasionally failing) to be as truthful as possible without causing undue pain and instead of "Truth, Justice and the American Way" I get "Advertising, Litigation and That's the Way It Is". The only consolation (not the way I think of it, but I don't know a better word) is one time at a company where I worked, I was the only employee not subpoenaed in a whistle-blower thing. When I asked why, the attorney said "Everybody told me you don't even cheat on taxes. How could you help?"

Garyelcarrt,

Gary, Gary, Gary I do empathies. The stories I could tell you. Let's just pray the amp is OK.

"Capitalism"? I'm still looking for a better system. Got any ideas?

"Pride" Not quite sure what the deffinition is today.

"Stupidity" Sounds like it.

I know, I have had the same delivery issues. I am finding that UPS lately will not precisely track your item so you don't see that it is out for delivery. I think this is so they can hedge and not deliver early. Or it gives them some leeway. I understand your pain!

Good story about the lawyer.

With everything I have gone through in the past, the USPS seems to be the most reliable but the most inept and bureaucratic. I ordered books from Amazon.com and they arrived and my post office (where I have my PO Box) but the workers at the counter refused to go into the back and retrieve the box for me because I didn't have the little yellow card they put in the mailbox when you have a package. Of course, they never put a little yellow card in my mail box (I saw it was delivered via the USPS tracking screen). Bottom line: I had to mail myself an empty box so they would put a little yellow card in my PO Box. Then they gave me both boxes

When I asked for an explanation' date=' UPS says it was because the package was physically shipped 3 days later than the billing info was prepared.

[/quote']

So let me get this straight. Rather than letting it sit its *** in a warehouse, you wasted billable employee hours checking a package in/out, along with truck space which if you do this with enough packages ends out causing the requirement for more trucks, more billable driver hours, more insurance, and more gasoline, just to move my package somewhere further away from me?

And you chose to waste costly warehouse space elsewhere rather than just deliver my package on the earliest available truck and reduce warehouse congestion by that much?

EDIT: The "Customer Service Representative" actually told me it could not be delivered until tomorrow because it was scheduled as a 4 day delivery!

UPS routinely delivers my 3-day ground packages the next day, because they ship from Jersey usually and I'm an hour away. Stuff winds up here at 10pm and then out for delivery to my house at 7am, and at my door at 2-3pm.

I bought my white strat from a guy in Des Moines, 80 miles away,here in Iowa.

My package traveled over 500 miles,they shipped it through Lexanna Kansas.

If I recall correctly it took 3 days. I live 5 blocks from the local UPS barn,sometimes I don't get my packages til 5:30 at night.

It just seems to be one of those things we have to put up with...as long as my stuff arrives unbroken,and in a fairly reasonable amount of time...I can have a beer and wait til tommorow,its not worth getting upset over because big companies do stupid stuff,I think its in the corparate bylaws or something.

LOL Gary, i feel for you my friend! I always seem to have the same thing happen to me! I've had that happen a couple of times on a Friday in which it meant I would have to wait until Monday for the item! At least with the Fed/ex near me I have the option of picking up the package.

Yeah, I remember one time, when I was waiting on my Gibson "Lucille," they said (tracking said)

they were going to deliver on Friday. It never came! I called, and they gave me some lame excuse,

and THEN, told me it would be fine, in the truck, over the weekend! Well, this was summertime, in

Southern California...during a heat wave! I told them, in no uncertain terms, what it was, and they'd

better damn well, get it out of the "stinkin'" truck (I didn't actually say Stinkin'...it was a bit more

colorful), and at least put it back in the warehouse, or up at the front counter, so I could drive 30 miles,

and pick it up. They told me, it was too late to pick things up in "will call," but they'd "See about" '

getting it out, of the truck! Now, someone I knew, later told me, they were probably "playing" with me,

a bit, because they always unload the trucks, or park them inside, when/if possible, and then reload,

the next business day, in case a different driver is doing the route, etc. So, I don't actually KNOW what

happened, but luckily...for me and Them, "Lucille" was just fine! So, I KNOW your frustration, truly!

CB

I won't use DHL at all, for any reason. Tracking showed a package rode around Oakland on their truck for 7 days with no delivery attempt at all. That was from Stew-Mac. I haven't bought from them since, either.

The thing that really bugs me, is they make no effort to meet their advertised (and posted) commitment to the customer at all. Its the lie. If it takes 8 days, 10 days or 400 days -- tell me up front and stick to it.

Man, that sucks gary. There is just no excuse for that! If that ever happens again call the customer service dept, put up a big fit and demand your shipping money back. If any of the big 3 shippers (UPS, FedEx, DHL) don't make there commit time they say that they will refund your shipping charges. I know this is at least true with DHL. I...*caugh, uh*.......work*cough*there. Now don't flame me, but there truly is no excuse for that. UPS has done that to me before also. A package of mine sat on there truck for 4 days with no attempt. I was to happy when I got the package and for got to complain, DOH. DHL has also done it to me, I forgot to track my own package and had to march onto the dock to harrass the driver! I got my money back for that one. But the thing is, all of the big 3 make mistakes/bad deliveries.

Also call the shipper and let them know the company they use sucks. Sometimes they don't even know what is happening with there shipments. Let them know and hopefully with enough complaints they will change the company they use.

The bad thing with DHL is that our drivers are contracted through another company. This practice was started by Airborne Express and unfortunately we still have tons of contracts we are committed to. So unfortunatley we have no direct say of what the driver does. All we have is a code of conduct and duties they have to follow and then we ask there dispatchers nicely if they can do something "extra". Also if you can contact your local station the package comes out of contact them and keep them accountable. Talk to the station manager, let him know his drivers suck! A lot of times they will get you a discount or a free shipment voucher to keep you happy.

I have posted this before and people don't believe me......but it's true! When they slide the conveyor belt into the trucks to unload the packages they routinely drop from a height of 7' to 8'!!! That means if your package goes through a couple of facilities there is a good chance it's gonna get dropped from that height at least twice.

No amp. Delivery "attempt" made. When I opened my door at 9:26 this morning, there was a hang tag. Nobody knocked, the bell never rang; and, I was sitting on the sofa waiting for him. At least I can go pick it up tonite in person. What a crock of crap. Between the maker promising 4-6 weeks, then not starting the building until the 6th week, and now this delivery (excuse me, non-delivery) crud, this amp better make me sound like Big Brother. I've already told the vendor I wish I'd never bought the damn thing -- and I've told UPS that I understand why their trucks are brown. I fully intend to spread it little wider, though!

EDIT:

Layboomo, I believe you. I've had two broken headstock/neck guitars out of five? bought in the past 3 years...

I know the feeling with dealing with people! I had to order my iommi sg out of state because a few stores were on back order and I didn't want to wait any longer then I was so I had GT center order one for me. It was supposed to go out say like tues and then it's fri. so I made calls and got on there *** to get something going here! So the sale's man called again and told them to ship it red so I will have it the next day and I finally got it. They were short handed there but if I didn't stay on there *** it would of been longer! Good luck man!

Archived