Gibson Brands Forums

Post pictures of your Les Paul

BlueLesPaul2006

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you should be proud of that fine instrument in your signature.

Hi BLP2006........I really am proud of it, especially so since having found out a lot more about it, courtesy of so many good peoples help within these very forums.

Did a search this morning about the gold plating issues, that can be troublesome - I was hoping to find somewhere that there might be a way to 'preserve' the sheen of the gold plating......that some bright soul had invented some magical light polishing liquid. Whilst I'm not drawn towards gp as such, I do think it looks nice on quite a few different shades & tones of guitars including my own with it's trans white finish. As to how I'll feel once it begins to tarnish a bit (which won't be too long away, according to the guys at the shop yesterday, having just set it up for me), well, I'll live with it one way or another. It can 'grow old gracefully' and hopefully will retain it's aesthetics regardless (as, I hope, will it's owner!). My own take is as with most others, in that they are their to be used, to be played, not simply for us to drool over them (and drool we do!!)

I must say, at the time when I bought it, the gp wasn't an issue that I thought about and, in fact, saw it as something of a 'bonus' considering the crazy low price I acquired it for - ignorance isn't always bliss. Either way, I can't complain...........if life is kind to me, I will hopefully be able to both own a few more beautiful guitars as well as being able to play them a bit, which I'm determined to do.

As with all of us, the admiration and desire of guitars is a disease, for which there is no cure. I personally wouldn't take the antidote anyway =D>

Apologies for the huge rant & happy Wednesday to all good peoples from Melbourne, OZ

Ciao for now all

Lindsay

Hi BLP2006........I really am proud of it' date=' especially so since having found out a lot more about it, courtesy of so many good peoples help within these very forums.

Did a search this morning about the gold plating issues, that can be troublesome - I was hoping to find somewhere that there might be a way to 'preserve' the sheen of the gold plating......that some bright soul had invented some magical light polishing liquid. Whilst I'm not drawn towards gp as such, I do think it looks nice on quite a few different shades & tones of guitars including my own with it's trans white finish. As to how I'll feel once it begins to tarnish a bit (which won't be too long away, according to the guys at the shop yesterday, having just set it up for me), well, I'll live with it one way or another. It can 'grow old gracefully' and hopefully will retain it's aesthetics regardless (as, I hope, will it's owner!). My own take is as with most others, in that they are their to be used, to be played, not simply for us to drool over them (and drool we do!!)

I must say, at the time when I bought it, the gp wasn't an issue that I thought about and, in fact, saw it as something of a 'bonus' considering the crazy low price I acquired it for - ignorance isn't always bliss. Either way, I can't complain...........if life is kind to me, I will hopefully be able to both own a few more beautiful guitars as well as being able to play them a bit, which I'm determined to do.

Apologies for the huge rant & happy Wednesday to all good peoples from Melbourne, OZ

Ciao for now all

Lindsay[/quote']

Hey its still Tuesday here tell me does anything cool happen in the future?

Hey its still Tuesday here tell me does anything cool happen in the future?

Unless you can count a 12 yr old daughter less than enthusiastic re: finishing off her Easter Holiday school project.............although I did have 3 Easter buns for breakfast.

I reckon, for sure, BLP2006, that your own future must hold things a little more interesting than mine, although there's still the afternoon and evening, when my wife will be home. I predict an improvement of some sort ](*,)

You know, the water goes down the plug-hole the reverse to yours here, too, which still spins me out, since I originally migrated from the UK in 1988.

'Tis bizarre indeed. =D>

Unless you can count a 12 yr old daughter less than enthusiastic re: finishing off her Easter Holiday school project.............although I did have 3 Easter buns for breakfast.

I reckon' date=' for sure, BLP2006, that your own future must hold things a little more interesting than mine, although there's still the afternoon and evening, when my wife will be home. I predict an improvement of some sort default_eusa_wall.gif

You know, the water goes down the plug-hole the reverse to yours here, too, which still spins me out, since I originally migrated from the UK in 1988.

'Tis bizarre indeed. =D>

Well my future is only going to be school work until saturday (your sunday) lol. Then back to my guitar. I have been student teaching and writing my student teaching journal for that past 3 months. saturday is the first day in 3 months i will be able to play my normal all weekend routine. im sure my neighbors will be pissed this weekend or we will just have a party.

Well my future is only going to be school work until saturday (your sunday) lol. Then back to my guitar. I have been student teaching and writing my student teaching journal for that past 3 months. saturday is the first day in 3 months i will be able to play my normal all weekend routine. im sure my neighbors will be pissed this weekend or we will just have a party.

I envy your very bright immediate future, BLP.........need to think of ways to emulate it. Don't drink or use (non-prescription) drugs anymore, so it will have to be done without alcohol or other mood-influencing niceties.

Might have to be going out for a meal, before or after having a thrash around the fretboard.....hardly riveting stuff. Maybe I should head-on over to your place......flight costs aren't too bad at the moment =D>

Enjoy the Saturday, my friend, and turn it up to 11.

I envy your very bright immediate future' date=' BLP.........need to think of ways to emulate it. Don't drink or use (non-prescription) drugs anymore, so it will have to be done without alcohol or other mood-influencing niceties.

Might have to be going out for a meal, before or after having a thrash around the fretboard.....hardly riveting stuff. Maybe I should head-on over to your place......flight costs aren't too bad at the moment =D>

Enjoy the Saturday, my friend, and turn it up to 11.[/quote']

Will do brother. that Marshall microstack i just bought two weeks ago is killer.

Just bumpin' this thread to show off a pic of my Les Paul Custom, built in '95 at the Samick plant.

LesPaulCustom1.jpg

I absolutely adore this thing. Has great sustain, sounds strong, and has a nice comfortable neck. Love it!

Did a search this morning about the gold plating issues' date=' that can be troublesome - I was hoping to find somewhere that there might be a way to 'preserve' the sheen of the gold plating......that some bright soul had invented some magical light polishing liquid.[/quote']

Try Mr Sheen, both my epi's haven gold hw and one of the first things I did was to remove the factory strings (replaced with EB super slinkys) and sprayed the gold bits with mr sheen, then wipe of (softly), repeat 3 or 4 times. This leaves a clear film behind that protects the finish, after this, any finger marks etc simply wipe right of.

Remember to only use a soft pressure when wiping or rubbing the gold areas and repeat this treatment every time you do a string change.

CB' date='

What's the story with the 2 DCs with small block inlays? (model, pickups, etc) I have a 2006 LPDC like your yellow one, in black. Nice guitar. [/quote']

Thanks, Zeplin...

The Red and Black Double Cutaway LP's with the block inlays are LP "Junior Lite" models. Got them both,

in 2001. Long since discontinued. I upgraded the tailpieces, and tuning keys (gold hardware on

the black one)...just because I liked the look, not because they needed any upgrading, really.

They're both really nice guitars, especially since, even with the upgrades, they were less than $550

(at that time). Pickups are P-100's. Some don't care for those, but I rather like them. They're

(sonically) between a P-90 and Mini-humbucker. And, no 60-cycle hum! And yeah, the "Faded"

Double Cut, is a great guitar, in it's own right. I did change the pickguard, for a mulit-layered one,

and added Grover tuners, and a '59 TRC...again, just for personal aesthetic reasons.

Cheers,

CB

Guest icantbuyafender

.........need to think of ways to emulate it. Don't drink or use (non-prescription) drugs anymore' date=' so it will have to be done without alcohol or other mood-influencing niceties

Might have to be going out for a meal, before or after having a thrash around the fretboard.....hardly riveting stuff. .[/quote']f what you should add to

you kiddin !?!?!? hittin a burger joint after thrashing the hell out your rig is the greatest feeling ever. ya sit and think of things to add to the riffs you just shredded and head home to give the neighbors another reason to whine.

lol.

my friday night this past weekend was Murphys ale draft and taking in some much appreciated "hell yeahs!!" at a pub.

makes me wish i was irish.

Okay...here's mine:

LesPaul-01.jpg

LesPaul-02.jpg

It's a Les Paul Classic with the following changes:

- Replaced the pickups with a pair of Seymour Duncan '59 model pickups.

- Replaced the bridge with a Gotoh

- Replaced the tuners with Grover Deluxe Keystones

- Installed a bone nut

Jim

EpiphoneGuitars004.jpg

This is an Epiphone '56 Gold Top made at the Saein Plant, Korea in August, 2004. I have added a Bigsby B5 vibrato tailpiece, a Gotoh bridge, a master volume control mounted on the pick guard, a GraphTech nut, Grover locking tuners, and gold speed knobs. The stock Epi P90 pickups are apparently produced offshore for Kent Armstrong. They really growl!

Archived