Gibson Brands Forums

VOTE YOU DOGS.. VOTE !!!!

TWANG

Yes, VOTE!!!!

Truly one of life's greatest treasures. Election Day makes me feel so good.

And remember, one candidate wants to take away your right to bear guitars. I heard him say it in the debates.

So get out there and VOTE!

Hell everybody around here must have been scared about long lines and must have voted early. Took me less then 10 minutes...took longer to doodle in the little circles than to walk in and out. Timing might have had something to do with it too I'm thinking......I did mine at 2 this afternoon.

BUT GET OFF YOUR BUTT AND VOTE.

Why? Corporate's in charge and your vote won't change that. Men in black make sure things stay the same.

But you all just love changing deck chairs on the US Titanic.

Estimates say over 2 billion dollars was wasted on your pseudo-democracy trip this time around. People of this planet deserve better for themselves -- stop wasting cyclical election money and start directly helping the disenfranchized.

George Carlin observed that elections are just masturbations. Unfortunately the wasted $$ and energy wads hurt people whereas a wasted wad helps population control.

Hit every BLUE NOTE baaaby..., I'm going to play on:-"

Why? Corporate's in charge and your vote won't change that. Men in black make sure things stay the same.

Estimates say over 2 billion dollars was wasted on your pseudo-democracy trip this time around. People of this planet deserve better for themselves -- stop wasting cyclical election money and start directly helping the disenfranchized.

George Carlin observed that elections are just masturbations. Unfortunately the wasted $$ and energy wads hurt people whereas a wasted wad helps population control.

Hit every BLUE NOTE baaaby...' date=' I'm going to play on:-"

[/quote']

But, not voting is also part of your right, so I can respect that.

As for me - no line, just me and a guy that was already in the process of voting. I hit the poll at 5:00 PM - sort of in between the crowds.

This is a historical moment and it has motivated more people to vote in a long, long time.

I'm a Carlin fan, myself. and I think for good reason.

I've not voted a couple of times, and I thought, for good reason.

I have, even after all these years, my complaint against 'the man', and I think, for good reason.

But it's what we've got. And I'll take incremental if I can get it.

I don't expect the 'change' that both candidates blather about.. but unlike George Carlin, I can hope, still, a bit.

No matter where the power may lie, or how poorly justice is dispensed, I think I still have some thought about the differences between

the two partys/men. And since it seems to me, after all these years, that while, yes, mostly I'm choosing between two pretty much identical machines, designed to run pretty much the same way, I can maybe do a little to help get people to be involved enough to start moving toward something better for everyone, sometime.

I've got forward, backward, and right here. Right here aint doin' it for me. And I know what's behind me.

so..I think we ought to vote.. even those of us without much confidence that it makes any great difference can at least hope to push things

toward a resolution in that regard.

Maybe I'm 'voting in the wind', so to speak, but it's not blowing back on my pantleg.

I got in and out quick. Small town in Minnesota, so it's pretty smooth here.

Hauled some young folks in, too.

The big problems will be, as I think Steven and I agree, big problems for a long time.

But I'll chip away at 'em if I can, by whatever way I can.

I play guitar for that reason, too.

And we all know how crappy I am at that!

TWANG

Because if you don't vote, you can't *****, and obviously, most of us love to *****! :D/

Another motivator (this time anyway) is that depending on your political persuasion, you should realize that the next Prez is gonna put 3 if not 4 people on the Supreme Court Think about it. :-s

Archived