Gibson Brands Forums

Ten reasons why The Beatles are over-rated

Stevie Nazarenie

I know John said the Beatles were bigger than Jesus but in this thread they seem to be running neck and neck. 10 pages with no end in sight. hahaha makes my day!

It is rather entertaining isn't it? I thought this thread would have been nuked a long time ago!:-k I think I get it now...Jesus plays an Epiphone and Satan plays a Fender.

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it's time for this thread to be aborted.

At this point' date=' we'll probably have to do the one where you pull it out halfway and jam a pair of scissors into it's head.[/quote']

Wasn't there a Clapton song with what would be appropriate lyrics for this thread..

went..something like this..

"I shot the sherriff...

kill it before it grows"....(this thread that is). :-k

It is rather entertaining isn't it? I thought this thread would have been nuked a long time ago!#-o I think I get it now...Jesus plays an Epiphone and Satan plays a Fender.

Good one! :-k ..but I would like to offer that since Jesus came from Galilee,

he would have chose Gibson..which model?..and what

wood was available for building one in the middle east where he lived and

learned to be a carpenter...:-k

...now to Beezlebub...a "cutting heads F*nder", not in Seafoam green, or

Lake Placid Blue..but Hellfire Red?

...or may he would play a counterfeit model made by all those evil scammers that

work for him? :-$

#9 is Badge not while my guitar gently weeps!:-k

Yes, you are right. I read Clapton's autobiography not that long ago,

and it mentioned some of the songs where Clapton and Harrison

played together, since Clapton hung around with Harrison and

his wife Patty.

www.xs4all.nl/~slowhand/ecfaq/harrison.html

(The Eric Clapton FAQ -Guitar)

Wasn't there a Clapton song with what would be appropriate lyrics for this thread..

went..something like this..

"I shot the sherriff...

kill it before it grows"....(this thread that is). :-k

Congrats Carverman you just introduced the third taboo subject politics.........Bob Marley was talking about pot when he said "kill it before it grows" in that song.......and medical use is a hot political issue at the moment so now this thread has it all!#-o

It is rather entertaining isn't it? I thought this thread would have been nuked a long time ago!:-k I think I get it now...Jesus plays an Epiphone and Satan plays a Fender.

Hey now! Nothing wrong with a nice Fender. I have two Strats, a Tele, and a Jaguar Bass.

@Jeffery Smith no i'm no scientist. are you? (add lie here.) point is that url and it's like will challenge most to consider the design in nature. and it's a shame i cannot find the kind of progs i have watched on revelation tv as the studio is always open to telephone calls and no one has been able to discredit the arguements. and many watch. no not just ignorant brainwashed many muslims too. infact joel the son of the founder was kidknapped at gun point to get the station off air. chuck missler and the like are my science teachers along with barry smith. great men of god! i have no problem saying all things belong to god science too. give the chuck missler show another watch and tell me what of his arguements you disagree with. god bless!

Stan,

I think that was Steve Vai.

As to your previous post (this page), I am beginning to think that one of our members should move here and seek medical attention.

Personally, I am open to reading anyones views, once. Isn't there a medical term for someone who is compelled to reinterate it over and over and over again?

In the movie crossroads didn't the devils man play a Charvel? Stan.
Hehehe yeah that's right Steve Vai is the devil's guitar man and he's an Ibanez man isn't he?? That Jem thingy with the monkey grip does look like hell,but thats a whole new thread.#-o ....and just for the record God's guitar slinger isn't really that karate kid it was Ry Cooder a truely heavenly player indeed. Man see how easy it is to drag me off topic!#-o

....and Stig man I'm a fender owner too........just don't tell prolife or we'll get another sermon.[-o<

Ok Prolife, I watched your man.

Typical case of what I expected. Someone with some scientific knowledge matching accepted facts to his pre-conceptions. For people who already "believe" it will sound quite compelling. I'm sure he's well-intentioned but he's peddling boloney. His hypothesis and statistical view of Chance just doesn't stack up if you accept the vast scale of existence (beyond this galaxy) and the accompanying time frames.

Lets get back to music. Go listen to "Jesus thinks you're a jerk" by Francis Vincent Zappa, one of my favourite Humanist philosophers.

And that's a nice green LP Stan.

Ok Prolife' date=' I watched your man.

Typical case of what I expected. Someone with some scientific knowledge matching accepted facts to his pre-conceptions. For people who already "believe" it will sound quite compelling. I'm sure he's well-intentioned but he's peddling boloney. His hypothesis and statistical view of Chance just doesn't stack up if you accept the vast scale of existence (beyond this galaxy) and the accompanying time frames.

Lets get back to music. Go listen to "Jesus thinks you're a jerk" by Francis Vincent Zappa, one of my favourite Humanist philosophers. [/quote']

One mans baloney is another mans Prime Rib. Instead of realizing that our differences make us unique we reduce it to name calling and scorn for anothers beliefs. Its an age old discussion whose conclusion will hopefully give everyone the answer they seek. Peace and love (and no the Beatles were not overrated. hahaha)

Harder questions..give us a break! It's too much work! [-o<

Most of us just like to hang around and read the responses.

The internet may be my teacher' date= but you are the "guitar guru" on this forum!

[/quote]

Dan....the Derek And The Dominoes recording that George played on was the 45 version (the fast version) of 1970's "Tell The Truth"...he played rhythm guitar. The Rolling Stones first top ten hit was "I Wanna Be Your Man" written by Lennon and McCartney..to replace those two we'll ask: 1. Who was L'angelo Mysterioso (pretty easy) and on what cut on whose solo album did he appear (a little harder)? and 2. Name the same song title that was used for two different songs, one written by Paul McCartney and the other by John Lennon but neither song was ever recorded by the Beatles?....OK a reallllllly easy one....Who is "Sir Jasper" ?.....I gotta million of 'em..

Nelson

Yes' date=' you are right. I read Clapton's autobiography not that long ago,

and it mentioned some of the songs where Clapton and Harrison

played together, since Clapton hung around with Harrison and

his wife Patty.

www.xs4all.nl/~slowhand/ecfaq/harrison.html

(The Eric Clapton FAQ -Guitar) [/quote']

Badge was a Cream song not Derek and the Dominoes...see above....and tell me this doesn't beat the usual Epiphone vs. Gibson, Evolution vs. Creationism, Thomas Aquinas vs.David Hume, Chaos vs. Order discussions we usually get in 'round here?....

Nelson

Badge was a Cream song not Derek and the Dominoes...see above....and tell me this doesn't beat the usual Epiphone vs. Gibson' date=' Evolution vs. Creationism, Thomas Aquinas vs.David Hume, Chaos vs. Order discussions we usually get in 'round here?....

Nelson[/quote']

Certainly does Nelson.......did Harrison play on Badge or just help write it? I'm not sure which?

Certainly does Nelson.......did Harrison play on Badge or just help write it? I'm not sure which?

George's guitar is actually the only guitar heard until Clapton breaks in with the Leslie'ed middle and solo. On the original recording there was a vocal fade out chorus of "where is my badge" done by Eric and George but this was cut out of what made it to the record as a result of the break up and contractual issues both Cream and Los Beatles were going through since the song already was very Beatle-y and the fade out with George's voice put it over the top. The song was written at George's house and the story goes that Harrison went to answer the phone and while away Clapton was putting what they had written down on paper and when Harrison returned he looked at what Clapper had written but saw it upside down and asked "Badge" where is the badge?" it was actually "bridge" that Clapton had written...Ringo is given credit for the "I told you about the swans that they live in the park" line.....great song and one of my all-time favs...

Nelson

Good one! [-o< ..but I would like to offer that since Jesus came from Galilee' date=

he would have chose Gibson..which model?..and what

wood was available for building one in the middle east where he lived and

learned to be a carpenter...#-o

...now to Beezlebub...a "cutting heads F*nder", not in Seafoam green, or

Lake Placid Blue..but Hellfire Red?

...or may he would play a counterfeit model made by all those evil scammers that

work for him? #-o

[/quote]

Actually I would have thought Jesus would have played a Martin...their being made in Nazareth and all...

Nelson

George's guitar is actually the only guitar heard until Clapton breaks in with the Leslie'ed middle and solo. On the original recording there was a vocal fade out chorus of "where is my badge" done by Eric and George but this was cut out of what made it to the record as a result of the break up and contractual issues both Cream and Los Beatles were going through since the song already was very Beatle-y and the fade out with George's voice put it over the top. The song was written at George's house and the story goes that Harrison went to answer the phone and while away Clapton was putting what they had written down on paper and when Harrison returned he looked at what Clapper had written but saw it upside down and asked "Badge" where is the badge?" it was actually "bridge" that Clapton had written...Ringo is given credit for the "I told you about the swans that they live in the park" line.....great song and one of my all-time favs...

Nelson

Thanks ........yeah I also remember hearing that Ringo was 3 sheets to the wind when he came up with that line too! It's right up there with my favorite tunes as well.

And, I love the fact, that EC plays "Badge" (and even George's "Isn't It a Pity"), quite often in concert...to this day!

He and George remained great friends, thoughout their lives, inspite of what could have happened, regarding Patti.

I think EC did a remarkable job, putting together and being "musical director" for "Concert For George!"

Wonderful...I highly recommend the DVD, if you don't already own one.

CB

Archived