Gibson Brands Forums

What was your present?

Guitar Chico

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gonna wake up that Washburn with those Dimarzio's I take it? Should do the trick.......nice Christmas project Strum.

mine was my fake epi les paul custom alpine white. it was the combined xmas birthday present. but i got the money back through the long haul paypal process.](*,) that one ended well at least! :D/ so then i had a "vintage" goldtop copy (mini hums.) which i love, and an axl cherry sunburst strat. (it now has 2 gfs mean 90's in and a mini bird in the middle.) but also had a guitar rack thing for 7 guitars as leaving them around the house annoyed eveyone here. a cheapy crafter cruiser strat. which i won on ebay and luckily didn't get moaned at because i wasn't supposed to order anymore. some pickguards from my sister and brother from "greasie groove" (the canadian leaf ones.) and a bit towards some gfs power rails from them also... but i had them way before xmas. and a toolbox for my spare pickups and soldering iron etc.=D> thanks family!

Not a clue yet.......waiting for my wife to get off work this afternoon(she works for communists)

While i'm waiting, i'm making our traditional Christmas dinner, 3 gallons of home made chili, and

slowly sipping a shot or 2 of Patrone coffee liquer that she got for us both.

Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas !!!

i'm making our traditional Christmas dinner' date=' 3 gallons of home made chili, and

slowly sipping a shot or 2 of Patrone coffee liquer that she got for us both.

Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas !!![/quote']

Had I known, I would have bought you some Charmin.

http://www.poopreport.com/Consumer/Content/Plys/Data/charmin_ultra_clarissa.html

All joking aside, Merry Christmas Bender and damn those Communists.

Had I known' date=' I would have bought you some Charmin.

http://www.poopreport.com/Consumer/Content/Plys/Data/charmin_ultra_clarissa.html

All joking aside, Merry Christmas Bender and damn those Communists.

[/quote']

I appreciate the thought, but our chili is sooooo thick, we won't need extra Charmin *L*

I've also discovered that there no "e" at the end of Patron.......I actually read the label this time.

I'm using my time today to play every guitar I own. (a present to myself)

Santa brought my kid an Epi for his first guitar, he's doing much better than I did with my strat-copy made God knows where and God knows out of what, many years ago! I'm excited about teaching my kid, finally I can say I ain't the only guitar nut in the family!

I play through a Marshall JCM halfstack, so I got a tiny Fender practice amp... Wonder if that has a hidden meaning! lol Still determined to hunt down that elusive Slash signature LP!

I also got a beaten up, bare naked Epi LP special, no pickups, and that's my new frankenstein guitar!

My only guitar related present was a Boss BD-2 Blues driver pedal for the Sheraton.

I just tried it out after dinner with a few riffs from John Lee Hooker's "Boom Boom".... it sounds lovely!

You'll enjoy that BD2. I've had one for a few months now & it's pretty sweet.

Len' date='

Give your thoughts after you've had a chance to use it. I've been doing some reading on that thing and I think it's a pretty cool practice/learning tool.[/quote']

Same here. I'd appreciate some advice on it as well. I'm a "plug & play" guy and all but the simplest of electronic/computer widgets are beyond me. I just sent my Sweetwater rep an email with some questions as well.

I'm AT work on a break as I type this! No communists here ... CAPITALISTS all the way. I got a couple of great DVD's from my boys: "Chasing Sound", the PBS Les Paul documentary, and another one I didn't even know existed: "Superstars and Their Guitars"! This one looks really cool with a long list of great guitarists taking about their lives in the six-string circus. Hopr you are all having a great day ... I'm here 'til 10 pm. Viva Las Vegas! #-o

MIDI

the very nice and equiped p93le i got in novemeber was my gift from the family. BUt, i also scored a 1998 coronet i used as my first mod project. pots, picks, bridge, tuners, knob and spruced up the bigby that came with it. Since then, i have gotten the mod bug. I have ordered a mini bird gfs and have ordered caps and pots of various levels and wire, shielding kit for coronet. I thought to upgrade the dot for a sheraton II, but now i want to mod it for sure.

CB, i plan to get the schaller roller bridge for the p-93le. i ordered a silver for the 98 coronet, string spacing was not write on the rolloer bridge i got for it from stewmac. I plan to use it on the dot. I will let u know how i like the schaller on the coronet.

Still do not know what to do to the dot, but, only plan i see is to get it as close to a gibson 335 as possible. i will search forum for others mods/suggestions.

Happy holidays

Archived