Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone Is Proud To Announce The 1962 Wilshire Reissue In White

clarkuss

Have to agree with Midi man there' date=',my guy has a VOS gibson Sg that i could jet for $2,300 ( If i had it) Im looking at the Epi faded SG,,i could get it for $299.With A gig bag.and yes midi man ,,the new avatar is cool ,,,how do like mine???[/quote']

oh yeah! a VOS SG... sweet.

Well, Matiac beat me to it, as I was going to say...for that amount of money, I would NEVER buy a "Wilshire,"

as much as I kind of

like them...which I do! But, for that kind of "Coin,"

I'd opt first, for a VOS SG with Maestro...ANY Day!

If the Wilsire's were down around $1,200...then, I seriously consider one.

But USA made...THAT "ain't going to happen!"

CB

for that price i could fly to japan and buy several of those treasured non american released open book head stock epis and make everyone cry!!!!!!

can i come with you? i've been learning japanese for the past 3 years... today we were learning about flammable garbage... (they sort their garbage into "flammable" "non flammable" and "recyclable" (plastic and cans are recycled, paper, cardboard, and wood are burned...)

:P

gibson sg classic with p-90 in cherry. only 999.99 at guitarcenter. There is one at my local gc and i thing it maybe time to trade in. father's day is around the corner!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My own feeling is that these guitars are cool, with a sort of pawn-shop chic. I feel the same way about Italias, Airlines, Burns, Vox etc. The trouble is that (in my mind) hyper-expensive reissues then seem like a total overindulgence. For less than the price of the Wilshire, you can buy a Les Paul Standard ($2500).

006390375-front-l.jpg

Which would somehow feel like a better investment for a gigging musician, when spending these sort of sums... It reinforces my opinion that these limited edition reissues are destined for the bank vaults of collectors, rather than the stage...

I'd buy it for $1300 new..... that's the highest I would pay for that guitar.... Just give me a gig bag and make it out of the same wood the 2008 Gibby LP Juniors are made of, and Epi has a buyer=d>

However I would pay $2500 for a re-issue USA made Crestwood Deluxe.

Is this Epiphone built in the Gibson factory on Gibson equipment by Gibson luthiers? If so' date=' it should be Gibson quality rebadged as an Epiphone. Isn't that sort of like the BMW company making a VW lookalike and charging the same amount as a BMW?[/quote']

Yep, and that approach seems to have worked out pretty well for them:

MiniCooper.jpg

PS, your new avatar is an insult to malicious alien beings everywhere.

Is this Epiphone built in the Gibson factory on Gibson equipment by Gibson luthiers? If so' date=' it should be Gibson quality rebadged as an Epiphone. Isn't that sort of like the BMW company making a VW lookalike and charging the same amount as a BMW?[/quote']

Actually, it's sort of exactly like the way Epiphones were made in the sixties.

!@#$%!!!! I'm so SICK of this server' date=' website, or whatever is causing these spacing problems.

Sorry, but I may just leave them, from now on. Previews fine, then "Posts," like above! ??? WTF???

CB[/quote']

Yeah and it seems to inject a whole passel of extraneous commas and spurious quote marks, too. =D>

Archived