Gibson Brands Forums

Happy new guitar day!

AS90

That looks gorgeous! I've always wondered' date=' if other makers can get the bevels right on an SG-alike, why Epiphone can't (or won't).[/quote']

They did do it right on the Prophecy SG's

I've looked those up and down and to my delight they were totally done right in that aspect.

Why they can't/won't pass that over to the entire G-400 line stumps the hell outta me.

That looks gorgeous! I've always wondered' date=' if other makers can get the bevels right on an SG-alike, why Epiphone can't (or won't).[/quote']

The 'Qing Dao Lass' says you can "kiss her bevels":-#

Nice geet though AS90... Enjoy[biggrin]

qingdaolass.jpg

Looks very sweet....

What did you darken the screws with and how did you get rid of the gloss?

Darkened the screws with a sharpie until I can get some black screws in there and gave it a matte finish with a fine sponge sanding block...

875044HBO111111X.jpg

Photo10824.jpg

They did do it right on the Prophecy SG's

I've looked those up and down and to my delight they were totally done right in that aspect.

Why they can't/won't pass that over to the entire G-400 line stumps the hell outta me.

True dat. Also, on Prophecy's the the tenon reaches to the far end of the neck p.u. cavity.

My guess about the G400 not having the proper bevels is there would be no way to sell a Gibson SG Special if they had them.

To the OP:

I envy, envy, envy you so much!!

Please Oh Please do comment on finish, assembly, pups, whatever. Post some tones.

Congrats, man.

Archived