Gibson Brands Forums

Look what showed up today...

FennRx

i picker her up off ebay.

turns out she's a mid 07, which may explain the dark plush (my 06 SG and LP Classic had the grey lining).

previous owner added speed knobs a TRC.

this thing is ugly as sin and so far i love it. i havent ever had a guitar with a P90 before, so im interested to see what she can do. so far, the only thing that throws me is the lack of inlays.

I think it's actually a pretty attractive guitar but, admittedly, I don't care for the other colors it's available in, just the gold. P90s sound great and I think you'll find it a welcome change from having a humbucker at the neck which can be a bit too think sounding for some applications.

Nice BFG man, I like them a lot, the look like sound, the playability. I'd love to get another one, probably in Ink or Natural.

Needs a pickguard ...eusa_shifty.gif ...

I'm working on one for mine. I was thinking of cutting one out of brass, painting it black and "distressing" it to match the hardware. That, or plain black plastic... maybe beat it up a bit. I even sanded my Straplocks to match.

Nice BFG man' date=' I like them a lot, the look like sound, the playability. I'd love to get another one, probably in Ink or Natural.

I'm working on one for mine. I was thinking of cutting one out of brass, painting it black and "distressing" it to match the hardware. That, or plain black plastic... maybe beat it up a bit. I even sanded my Straplocks to match.[/quote']

That's an interesting idea. I can imagine a weathered brass pickguard with an offset dent on a gold BFG. That looks great...in my head.

Well if the new diamond cost more than the guitar' date=' the difference should be used for more guitar stuff. I always try this with my wife, but it never works. :-)[/quote']

I keep telling my fiancee she's wearing my PRS Custom 22 on her ring finger and her wedding ring is my Les Paul Custom. I got my BFG out of it... I don't think that argument is going to work anymore.

Nice guitar a BFG with real knobs huh? slowly starting to see these morph into more finished guitars, come on Gbson take the hint how about a Standard with BFG electronics!!!

Needs a pickguard ...8-[ ...

Nice ...

Good luck with that Ive spent the last couple months trying to find a pickguard to fit the BFG. Oh well thats a lie Ive spnt 30 monutes or so in the last couple months looking for it :-s

If anyone find's a pickguard for a BFG that would be appreciated if they share the info.

Nice guitar a BFG with real knobs huh? slowly starting to see these morph into more finished guitars' date=' come on Gbson take the hint how about a Standard with BFG electronics!!!

Good luck with that Ive spent the last couple months trying to find a pickguard to fit the BFG. Oh well thats a lie Ive spnt 30 monutes or so in the last couple months looking for it :-s

If anyone find's a pickguard for a BFG that would be appreciated if they share the info. [/quote']

Have you tried a P90 pickguard. You will have to modify the bottom to match the full size humbucker but the top should match up good.

Have you tried a P90 pickguard. You will have to modify the bottom to match the full size humbucker but the top should match up good.

I'm going to do just that' date=' I ordered one from WDMusic and reshape the bridge position cutout. I ordered a matte black one. It beats trying to make one from scratch. Here's the page they're listed at. I was debating a black anodized, but this'll look better.

i picker her up off ebay.

turns out she's a mid 07' date=' which may explain the dark plush (my 06 SG and LP Classic had the grey lining).

previous owner added speed knobs a TRC.

this thing is ugly as sin and so far i love it. i havent ever had a guitar with a P90 before, so im interested to see what she can do. so far, the only thing that throws me is the lack of inlays.[/quote']

Looks good to me, but then I'm a little biased. I've always thought that the gold looked the best of the original three colours.

Yep tried that unfortunately at least on the dual p-90 guard I found the p-90 cut outs are deeper into the guard so you have a gap around the BB or a crooked mounting. Thanks for the idea though I have orderred a sheet of blank pickguard material so I'll try fabricating one.

Archived