Gibson Brands Forums

The old Les Paul Forum gang?

STAR CHILD

Hi guys.

I just got my first Gibson, and I'm PUMPED!!!

It's a brand new Les Paul Custom, red and kinda yellow in the center.

Couldn't beat the price - $1,500.

I'm having trouble with the intonation no matter what I do.

The neck seems to be the problem because the bridge can't be adjusted any lower.

Should I unbolt the neck and see if it can be adjusted or shimmed?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi guys.

I just got my first Gibson, and I'm PUMPED!!!

It's a brand new Les Paul Custom, red and kinda yellow in the center.

Couldn't beat the price - $1,500.

The neck seems to be the problem because the bridge can't be adjusted any lower.

whoa unbolt the neck????

gibsons NEVER have bolt -on necks, so you probably have a fake gibson

I laffed!

I'm sure it's fine Neo just make sure you have the hard plastic fretboard since wood can warp. And if the neck gets to bad maybe superglue will work?

Hey NeoCon you about ready for summer to be over yet? the older I get the hotter it seems years ago I use go out shooting and even play golf hee and now hell I don't even like to go get the mail until after sundown.

Hey guys, check out this site. You can get the best prices on Gibson Les Paul's and SG guitars:

www.chinaguitar.net

They will hook you up with some nice guitars at great prices. I just bought a Gibson Les Paul with a limited-edition three-screw truss rod cover! I can't wait for it to show up. It only cost me $350, too. What a steal!

Hey guys, check out this site. You can get the best prices on Gibson Les Paul's and SG guitars:

www.chinaguitar.net

They will hook you up with some nice guitars at great prices. I just bought a Gibson Les Paul with a limited-edition three-screw truss rod cover! I can't wait for it to show up. It only cost me $350, too. What a steal!

Hey X, if you put it on Ebay, you can make a killing!!!!! [lol]

whoa unbolt the neck????

gibsons NEVER have bolt -on necks, so you probably have a fake gibson

My neck isn't a set or a bolt on, just kinda slides in. Apparently, its a limited edition, the guy told me I couldn't find another one like it... I can change out necks anytime I want, he told me it was special from the Custom Shop [confused]

My neck isn't a set or a bolt on, just kinda slides in. Apparently, its a limited edition, the guy told me I couldn't find another one like it... I can change out necks anytime I want, he told me it was special from the Custom Shop [confused]

That must be one of those "Push-Neck" guitars they put out a few years ago.

I think those were GOTM or GOTW or something. Rare find indeed [thumbup]

Mine, you can slide and clip the pickups. It's called Snap-On Pickups, and the patent is pending adding more to the PAF value. Yeah, it's even rarer than the 1964 Les Pauls they made... I got it for only $50. I don't think the old lady knew what she had at her garage sale, lol! I feel bad for her..... NOT!! HAHA

I'm sure it's fine Neo just make sure you have the hard plastic fretboard since wood can warp. And if the neck gets to bad maybe superglue will work?

Hey NeoCon you about ready for summer to be over yet? the older I get the hotter it seems years ago I use go out shooting and even play golf hee and now hell I don't even like to go get the mail until after sundown.

I'm glad to have created some passion again here in this forum, and it's good to see you around Neo!!!

Archived