Gibson Brands Forums

*Grover Update*

deepblue

I sent the letters to management at Grover.

I received a long and sincere apology from the president.

He was shocked, and said its not like Chuck to behave in such a way.

I truly believe Chuck was having a bad day. Is that an excuse?...no, but at

least management were quick to address the matter.

Lets just hope we can all learn something here....if dealing with the public sometimes

you have to put on your happy face no matter whats going on around you.

To me, that matter is closed, and I am happy with the result.

It's not "get fired material" in our eyes, but the question is, will a complaint recieved by the management determine it to be get fired material.

Who knows, maybe he's on his last strike and this happened to be it and he really doesn't belong in customer service, or he'll just receive a warning. Either way I'm glad the issue is resolved.

Ooh yeah! Get down with dat righteous indignation thang!

...So, having a bad day isn't an excuse for a sarcastic comment? I guess the next time you have a bad day, I'll know where to stick my foot.

His people skills sucked. Even the president of the company agreed with me.

You cannot...repeat...cannot! be snippy with the consumer, no matter how pissy

you feel. I have all the letters from management. They did some serious damage control.

His people skills sucked. Even the president of the company agreed with me.

You cannot...repeat...cannot! be snippy with the consumer, no matter how pissy

you feel. I have all the letters from management. They did some serious damage control.

I guess I've been hardened by dealing with a**hole NYC clerks and proprietors.

It seems like everyone I do business with treats everyone they come across like sh*t.

I'm sorry, man. It's true, he did write a pretty nasty comment.

Good job. I mean all the guy had to say was....at this time here are the products we have......I will make note of your specifications and also check our inventory for the products we have that may suit your needs.

OR the Chuck method : well if you and your gibson buddies come up with ten thousand dollars we might make a tuner that would fit such an outdated unpopular guitar as you have......cause what money would be in doing that as a standard product.

...............No Chuck should be sent to work on the loading dock and they should move up some other employee that understands how business is done.

Sweetwater is a company that is over nice, they get your phone number and the sales rep will just call up to check in with you. I like that., my sales guy is Nick Church.

We all have had bad days and if we understand that, we can leave at that. The whole nature of having a bad day

is that you regret things you said or did if it inappropriately comes out. And unless you're perfect you will never offend anyone, including a customer. I have had plenty more great days than bad, and if I get a severe consequence (i.e., getting fired)for something I wholeheartedly regret, an appropriate reprimand may still be in order, but perhaps not a cruxifiction. I mean even dem00n has bad days [biggrin] . But unfortunately, the axe (no pun intended here [smile] ) , can still be given. I guess it boils down to 'live and learn'. Glad you got the freebies!!! [thumbup]

blue, why are you putting new grovers on your Historic? granted, free is free, but they are cheap crap compared to the originals. i put a set of USA Pat Pending Grovers on my R9 a few months ago. the cost: about $75 shipped!

now i did have to get the holes reamed, but you cannot see the holes from the Klusons tuners when the Grovers are on.

I would watch ebay or TGP and pick up a set of the real deal.

I came to the topic late and think the original response, while something you could say to a colleague, was ill-judged. It was not how to handle a reasonable and genuine query from a member of the public.

Congrats to the president for addressing the matter with due dilligence.

I'm rather surprised there isn't already a set of 'drop-in' Grovers for an Historic LP. Deep should take out a patent!

blue, why are you putting new grovers on your Historic? granted, free is free, but they are cheap crap compared to the originals. i put a set of USA Pat Pending Grovers on my R9 a few months ago. the cost: about $75 shipped!

now i did have to get the holes reamed, but you cannot see the holes from the Klusons tuners when the Grovers are on.

Fenn, careful, you sound too much like Chuck. Wouldn't want to offend anyone with a healthy dose of reality...

When you go to work, you leave your bad day at home. They don't pay you to have bad days. You put that smile on and do your thing and make the customers happy.

I'm hungover at work today (Ummm who gets married on a Thursday night?!) and there's just no way I would talk/email to anyone that way. It wasn't over the top rude, but it was very sarcastic.

I wanted to put the Rotomatics on my R9...what they are sending me pro bono are the Vintage 136.

Will I use them?....no, but someone can.

I dont want to ream my hole....(awkward pause)

Yeah fire someone for saying something in this tough world.

Karama is coming your way deepblue.

Demon what do you know about a tough world?

Arent you still going through your Powerpuff girls stage?

The adults are talking...hush up.

Archived