Gibson Brands Forums

UN to appoint Earth contact for aliens

mcmurray

Um, yeah. If ETs come we are toast. They'll either enslave us or just destroy us and pillage the earth for resources. Kind of like welcoming a nuclear bomb with a paper towel.

If advanced beings from a distant universe had been watching us earthlings for lets say about the last 3000 years, I'll bet they're terrified of us... [scared] Their front row seat of watching us earthlings torcher each other since the beginning of "civilization," has to make any extraterrestrial life form stay clear of our destructive nature.

Um, yeah. If ETs come we are toast. They'll either enslave us or just destroy us and pillage the earth for resources. Kind of like welcoming a nuclear bomb with a paper towel.

If aliens come and certainly we must assume they are of higher intelligence, why would they enslave us?

Doesn't higher intellect assure compassion for all universal beings.

To enslave, pillage and destroy would put them on the same level as stupid capitalist Americans.msp_ohmy.gif

And how much does the United States give to the UN every year??????? B)

Don't worry Ken - how could they possibly screw this up?

Maybe they will send their Blue Helmet guys someplace far, far away to "help" them instead.

I'm liking it - and for the first time in my life I support the US contribution to the effort...

[-(

Nah, they'll go for the Teuffel's, the Parker Fly and maybe some old Steinbergers.

I think Ken's right.

They will want the latest, greatest hi-tech gee-whiz gadgetry.

We can send 'em an old Fender Broadcaster and Trapeze-tail '52 Les Paul for reference to our primitive beginnings.

Hey, losing one of each would be worth it - tell 'em how pathetically obsolete they are.

Then load up up on every goofy "futuristic" electric we can find from the last 30 years.

Wouldn't bother me if we sent 'em most of the Floyd Roses, just make sure they get EVERY "licensed" F.R.

Then they're sure to ignore almost every boring old Fender and Gibson and leave it behind...

They've been playing with us for millions of years. They help us set up Civilizations and we run them in the ground. Then the next bunch try to figure out how the last bunch did it. Isn't it strange how all those lost people left us clues when this one is going to have it's time. Maybe the reason we can't find them on other planets is there coming from the future, or maybe a Galaxy far,far away.[rolleyes]

Archived