Gibson Brands Forums

Dem00n's first car

NeoConMan

Watching TV earlier, The First 48 on A&E.

Saw a new commercial that caught my eye.

A shiny minivan is shown, with a monster metal riff blasting as the camera moves in.

A young man is shown gazing in wonder as the rear hatch opens and the camera zooms to the Marshall half stack within...

As the satellite navigation screen is shown, there is a road depicted clearly as "Redemption" as metal musicians are shown on the drop-down dvd screens.

It's a new TV ad for the 2011 Honda Odyssey.

Don't remember the words from the announcer, but it walks the line deftly between cool and corny.

Priced between 28 and 44k.

Gonna need a job!

My strongest prejudice - I hate front-wheel drive.

That eliminates the entire segment.

I considered a Chevy Trailblazer/GMC Envoy, a long wheelbase version was available with a 5.3 liter V-8 from the truck line.

Kinda low like a minivan for easy in/out.

I talked to too many people who bought them and had all kinds of hell, so I stayed with the trucks instead.

I am amused to hear the talk of minivans here

The original minivan was a popular variation on the morris mini

With a .85 to 1.0 litre engine

I hear talk here of 5 litre V8's....

This adds credence to the view that everything is big in America....steaks...hats...minivans...!!

Since we are onto vehicle commercials. I like the one that shows some revolutionary war English redcoats setting up a firing line. The officer shouts his orders and the soldiers take their places...Then we hear a throaty rumble in the distance, the soldiers look nervous. It pans to the continental side where we see a bunch of Dodge Challengers charging over the field...Then it cuts to an all business George Washington behind the wheel of the lead Challenger while the Redcoats flee in terror. Makes me laugh every time I see George Washington driving a Challenger.

Since we are onto vehicle commercials. I like the one that shows some revolutionary war English redcoats setting up a firing line. The officer shouts his orders and the soldiers take their places...Then we hear a throaty rumble in the distance, the soldiers look nervous. It pans to the continental side where we see a bunch of Dodge Challengers charging over the field...Then it cuts to an all business George Washington behind the wheel of the lead Challenger while the Redcoats flee in terror. Makes me laugh every time I see George Washington driving a Challenger.

Yes, That one was awesome too!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ezk0e1VL80o

Archived