Gibson Brands Forums

It's chilly where I am...

craigh

If your place looks like mine does after the storm Thusrsday and the wind Friday and today,

You should be out raking leaves. That'd warm your @ss up a bit..

If your fingers don't freeze, leave your windows open, I'll sit on my porch and listen for you (I don't feel like raking either).

Heck, we have been in the teens here temp. wise.

Even seen a dusting of snow earlier this fall...

The 20's probably 10-15 times this fall as well.

I was going to tell some of these cats to man up, but you Yoopers win the prize. When searching for colleges back in the early nineties I checked out Lake State over at Sault Ste. Marie in late fall and said no thanks. I hear Houghton and Marquette are even tougher.

I was going to tell some of these cats to man up, but you Yoopers win the prize. When searching for colleges back in the early nineties I checked out Lake State over at Sault Ste. Marie in late fall and said no thanks. I hear Houghton and Marquette are even tougher.

No big deal here... You get used to it ....

Leaves and colors are long gone couple of weeks ago!!

Lots of pine needles this year for some reason, more than normal. msp_glare.gif

You should be out raking leaves. That'd warm your @ss up a bit..

If your fingers don't freeze, leave your windows open, I'll sit on my porch and listen for you (I don't feel like raking either).

Yeah, rakes and snow shovels throw out some heat!

I played Ishpeming, near Marquette in the 1960s. Frost in August, and in the winter it got to 35 below (they didn't count wind chill back then, but it was windy). It was a good gig though, and we went back a few times.

But I'll take Florida any day. It's still getting up into the low 80s, but it's downright cold at night, low 60s mostly although by the end of the week it's supposed to go back to near 70 at night. Still cold but much better.

Insights and incites by Notes ♫

"but it's downright cold at night, low 60s mostly although by the end of the week it's supposed to go back to near 70 at night. Still cold but much better."

60's are not cold! Thats T-shirt temps!!! Man Up!!! If your nippys aren't stiff it's warm..

I feel for you guys who suffer through snow.

I think I was around 10 when my parents took me on a vacation to Miami Beach during the December school holidays. It was the first time I realized some people didn't have to be cold in the winter. Keep in mind, I grew up in Louisville, Ky, not exactly the Great Lakes kind of cold, right? I had such a mental thing about it I decided as soon as I was old enough to leave home, I was going to find some way to live in the South and be warm all the time.

Having said that, (and having lived in Miami and Jamaica the past 37 years), if I could live in Raleigh, NC where my grandchildren are, I'd welcome getting used to the little bit of cold weather they get there. Those kids would make it all worthwhile.

Some of you cats make me laugh. Shoveling snow and Great Lakes winters build character. Haven't you ever listened to any Garrison Keillor?

Speaking of that, got a new winter coat this past weekend: down lined with water proof shell. [thumbup] Chicago winter? Lake effect snow? BRING IT ON!

Some of you cats make me laugh. Shoveling snow and Great Lakes winters build character. Haven't you ever listened to any Garrison Keillor?

Speaking of that, got a new winter coat this past weekend: down lined with water proof shell. [thumbup] Chicago winter? Lake effect snow? BRING IT ON!

Do you guys even get winter way down there??? I know your the windy city, why I don't know, cuz Detroit has higher winds on the avg. year around than Chicago, but if you ain't had snow yet, your doing much better.

Do you guys even get winter way down there??? I know your the windy city, why I don't know, cuz Detroit has higher winds on the avg. year around than Chicago, but if you ain't had snow yet, your doing much better.

I think "The Windy City" refers to Mayor Dailey's speeches!

I think "The Windy City" refers to Mayor Dailey's speeches!

UT!

Can't say I'll be sad to see him go. He did a lot of good things, but those are over shadowed by the steaming pile he is leaving the next three mayors. More dictator than anything else.

It ain't UP winters, but we have our share of lake effect snow and icy winds. Not that much different from where I grew up on Lake Huron; about two degrees warmer and a lot windier.

Archived