Gibson Brands Forums

Guitar Choice...

Silenced Fred

I like my Les Paul. [wink]

But, I'm looking for something different.

So the choice comes down to either a MIM Tele (I really dig em, and would take a MIM over the MIA just because of a feel preference) or save up extra long for an SG Standard in White with coil-taps.

I'm leaning towards the tele because I can get that in a month, and it has single coils, offering a different sound, but the SG is really nice.

Opinions?

WARNING: If I don't approve of opinions I will publicly call you out and ridicule you

Do both. Around my neck of the woods Craigs list has at least 3 mim teles and strats everyday. All reasonably priced between $250-$300.

throw on some new strings and maybe a set-up if needed and ya gots a great playing guitar and an early start on your savings for the SG.

Really? I never see telecasters on Craigslist... and if they are, its usually a homebrew relic thing.

Fender Telecaster all the way.

Tonality will certainly change and open up new musical landscapes to explore and conquer.

That's what I'm thinking. I mean, I already have a Gibson with humbuckers...

I can probably find a Tele for about 300-400 used with case so I will probably do that, then wait for the SG... but not sure yet

Archived