Gibson Brands Forums

What's on your list for Santa?

daveinspain

Milod,

There are a number of "clamp-on" laptop platform available like the one below. The orientation of the clamp is not correct for use on a mic stand but perhaps it could be modified. Just a thought. I'd be more concerned about the weight causing instability. B)

2138W3po2SL_AA300_.jpg

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My netbook is pretty light - and is big enuf to work as an electronic cheat sheet - or even to record stuff, I think...

Yeah, the weight of stuff for actual desk stuff is way too much. I've got a cupla different styles of mike stand and figure the tripod would be best to use...

m

heavy duty music stand

One word: Manhasset. There is no other. Spend a few extra for the orchestral version with the pencil tray. Go for the double legged conductor's version, if you can afford it. Lots of space to spread out 3-4 pages of manuscript.

Wengers are junk. Pretty, but junk.

Straight off the MF wish-list...

• Fender Frontman 10G 10W Guitar Combo Amp
  • Monster Cable S-100 1/4" Straight - Angled Instrument Cable 12 Foot (2)
  • Gretsch G5122 Double Cutaway Hollowbody Guitar Walnut Stain
  • Gibson Melody Maker Electric Guitar Vintage Burst - Vintage Burst
  • Fender 14" Amp Tilt Leg Kit
  • Fender Guitar Work Station
  • Big Bends Nut Sauce Tuning Lubricant
  • Dunlop Fretboard 65 Ultimate Lemon Oil
  • Fishman SA220 Solo Performance System & Acoustic Guitar Combo

Tman...

Sorry, but I gotta giggle at this...

The boots look great, but y'sure can tell they're not back country boots. <grin> Green mud would get into the pebbling and they'd be ... odiferous ... for quite a while.

Hmmmmm. 'Course, you're in a wee bit warmer climate. Right now I'm wearing buckaroos with appropriately cut galoshes courtesy of local weather. Last night it was gettin' way too close to -20F when I went home and the snow from Sunday obviously hasn't yet melted.

BTW, that's also part of what's involved when I talk about guitars and gig stuff in bad weather. The cold plays hob on equipment - and hauling it on snow and ice plays hob on pickers.

m

#-o

Tman...

Sorry, but I gotta giggle at this...

The boots look great, but y'sure can tell they're not back country boots. <grin> Green mud would get into the pebbling and they'd be ... odiferous ... for quite a while.

Hmmmmm. 'Course, you're in a wee bit warmer climate. Right now I'm wearing buckaroos with appropriately cut galoshes courtesy of local weather. Last night it was gettin' way too close to -20F when I went home and the snow from Sunday obviously hasn't yet melted.

BTW, that's also part of what's involved when I talk about guitars and gig stuff in bad weather. The cold plays hob on equipment - and hauling it on snow and ice plays hob on pickers.

m

Thanks M, I'm going for the shock factor and will only wear them to gig in, making me want to gig even more. They're actually made out of stingray skin in Mexico and come with a disclaimer that they won't ship anywhere that has a ban on stingray skin! As far as I know, California doesn't but we sure have a ban on just about everything else.

I'll be sure and wear odor eaters! #-o

You're gonna think I'm more nuts than I am, then again, the bar's been set pretty high.

I have asked my wife to get me these:

Zebraboot.jpg

To wear when I play this:

LesPaul.jpg

at a gig in February.

T-Man, I take it that you found one of those LPs with the Zebra Tops then ?

Tman...

It was the green mud I was concerned about, nothing odor eaters would help. <grin>

Not too many folks around here wear snakeskin or ray boots like that. Too hard to clean when there's green mud - green mud as in "animal byproduct plant nutrients."

m

Tman, those boots are nuts. I dig 'em. I just ordered myself a pair of Durango harness boots. -Not quite as flashy, but cool for me I guess.

I love that Lester you're gassing for. What cool grain on that axe!

Tman...

It was the green mud I was concerned about, nothing odor eaters would help. <grin>

Not too many folks around here wear snakeskin or ray boots like that. Too hard to clean when there's green mud - green mud as in "animal byproduct plant nutrients."

m

AAhh got it M. While it seems that I typically wade through "green mud" on a day to day basis (figuratively), I hope the stage for the upcoming gig will be clean of it! It'll be in my adolescent home of Arkansas where there are plenty of boots - not like these though. I'll probably be in danger just wearing these things!

Thanks Twiz. I grew up (still needing to) one of 6 kids. I guess I'm still needing attention [crying] !

Archived