Gibson Brands Forums

Whats in your case?

neilpanda

I just keep some small essentials for my playings. capo, slide, handful of picks, tuner/metronome...

you know, nothing much. but some of you know that Im a really curious guy. so you probably know what Im

gonna ask...what do you keep in your case?

A strap. Each guitar has its own. Everything else goes in a bag (cables, tuner, picks, strings, slides, etc.). When I gigged a lot I always carried a toolbox with: basic guitar tools, strings, tubes, fuses, duct tape, ground lifters, condoms, etc).

A strap. Each guitar has its own.

Everything else goes in a bag (cables, tuner, picks, strings, slides, etc.).

Important lesson to be learned here - don't do it the HARD way.

Don't carry anything small and metallic inside your guitar case.

If it gets loose and starts swimming around against your guitar, you will be crushed after seeing how much damage is done.

My Strats and PRS that have a trem arm - it goes in a Ziploc freezer bag to lessen the chances of it getting out.

Strap if it fits, anything else should be in a Ziploc or carried separately in a gig bag.

Mine has basic tools, strings, cloth, (capo, slide I never use), lotsa white Clayton 1mm acetal picks, cell phone, Glock...

A strap. Each guitar has its own. Everything else goes in a bag (cables, tuner, picks, strings, slides, etc.). When I gigged a lot I always carried a toolbox with: basic guitar tools, strings, tubes, fuses, duct tape, ground lifters, condoms, etc).

+1

I use a bag. As Neo says, don't put tools or other hard objects in you case.

I actually did that guns in guitar cases back in the day....really works.....well.

I have always thought that it would be a genious marketing thing to have a " GUNS and GUITARS " store....Free guitar with selected gun purchases, and a free gun with selected guitar purchases.

But I'm off track here.....The usual stuff in my cases.....always an E-Bow though, always.

Ebow, eh?

Always curious about them...

Yeah, when I set up my gun business I had to pick a tax ID code.

I found one that covered "guns, sporting goods and musical instruments."

Perfect!!!

Figured that would cover everything I was ever interested in peddling to the public.

I have a violin case. I don't think a Tommy gun would fit. A viola case... maybe.

All my small brick-a-brack and fine collectibles are sequestered in small eyeglass cases. The kind for those fold-up glasses people buy off the rack. They're long enough for an old-fashioned capo. My Kyser is in a zippered denim coin purse I rescued from a garage sale. They Kyser just fits. My personal, on-board-monitor, micro-mini amp, is in a stretch case designed for small digital cameras. It fits perfectly and velcro's shut. The associated suction cup pick-up and ear phone are in their own eyeglass case. Nothing, I mean NOTHING in the guitar case is loose. All the brick-a-brack, fine-collectables, in their respective cases are in the guit tar case glove box.

I have a case for each Axe, and they all have a whack of picks in 'em, as well as a wiping cloth, strap, slide and set lists. I have a cool old suitcase that I pack along which is filled with all of the cords I need (and spares for the other guys) along with my effects pedal. I've tried gig bags, but prefer hard shell cases for the protection value and capacity.

Neat thread.

Strings

Wire cutters

Picks (Medium with The Beatles pictures on them)

Dessication pack (for the newest guitar)

Whammy bar (my strat)

That plastic twirly thing that lets you turn the tuners quickly to get the strings on and off to change them. Mine's Fender brand. What the hell do you call that thing anyway, a string changer?

099-1028-000-xlarge.jpg

Thanks, Tman

Well, in each case is that guitar's strap, a spare set of strings, a couple of picks and any specific allen wrench for that guitar (if any).

Everything else I keep in my Gig Bag which has a universal world of items I don't leave home without. One step further is a Stanley FatMax mobile workstation

which has spare parts, additional repair tools, glues, cables, spare stomp boxes, tubes etc...for when we do a road trip. It's my guitar tech rig.

I recomend this thing, it's great. I'm almost ready to expand to a 2nd one.

Stanley FatMax Mobile Workstation Link

Archived