Gibson Brands Forums

Hola! Got my new Mexican-made Tele!

heymisterk

I admit that I don't know much about Teles and did not have the cash to spend on a USA-made one. But to a novice like me, this thing sounds great. People talk about how Teles are great for twang and the like, but they forget Keith Richards, Rich Robinson, and early Jimmy Page all played one! I wanted that "Stones" and "Black Crowes" warmth of tone, and this does it. I have been playing "Monkey Man" non-stop!

Your Tele looks great...I love them too

I've got a Texan B-Bender and a Mexican Esquire

Great guitars and a tribute to Leo's original genius

V

:-({|=

When I started my Tele search, I wanted to buy a G&L but I just couldn't afford it; was actually more expensive than the U.S. Fender Teles. I actually found some nice Hamer-made Teles that were slightly cheaper. But honestly, I wanted to guitar that I could rest on the couch, lean up against the wall, and generally have around when the mood struck me, and this guitar did the trick. With my Les Paul and even my SG Classic, I am always worried about doing stuff like that. This is perfect for that. Mu Bueno!

Its not a 2005 with that serial number.

Your guitar was made at the

Ensenada Plant (Fender), Mexico

in the Year(s): 2000 - 2001

Indeed it is...just a typo on my part. It was $345 with shipping but no gigbag...which is excellent b/c I have a good gigbag lying around gathering dust. Thanks to all for the compliments. Got it tuned to open G and am having fun!

Nice choice.......Any problems learning Stones songs, just call me on your Tele, I'll keep mine plugged in.......

[thumbup] ........:unsure: ......[scared] .......[woot] ..........:unsure: .........[lol] ..........[thumbup] .......

Archived