Gibson Brands Forums

What will 2011 bring you?

swleary

Kinda hope 2011 is a good year. I'm starting it off right this year. January 5/2011 I go in to see about finally getting an insulin pump. Should make life easier with the diabetes however I'm a traditionalist, hard to kick 33 years of needles lol.

So what will your 2011 bring?

Wow, kinda hard to beat 2010. I'm optimistic always. Just want to keep things going on track. Probably going to wait until 2012 to get the 335 that I am currently wanting.

swleary, good luck on the insulin pump! Merry Christmas. [thumbup]

At my age you start thinking about dividend payments.....and hopefully to get in on a IPO that pays off....

I hope you get a insulin pump and it works for you, just think of how far treatment for diabetes has come in the last 50 years. All medical treatments in fact..

I am still holding out for the time machines we were told we would have by now...

Wow, kinda hard to beat 2010. I'm optimistic always. Just want to keep things going on track. Probably going to wait until 2012 to get the 335 that I am currently wanting.

swleary, good luck on the insulin pump! Merry Christmas. [thumbup]

thanks TMAN....merry Christmas to you too :)

Kinda hope 2011 is a good year. I'm starting it off right this year. January 5/2011 I go in to see about finally getting an insulin pump. Should make life easier with the diabetes however I'm a traditionalist, hard to kick 33 years of needles lol.

Hope you do get the pump. My daughter was diagnosed when she was 13 and gave herself shots for 17 years. She is now on the pump for tha past 4 years and she's been very happy with it. The good thing was, she had no desire to go back to sweets just because her insulin management was better. She still eats healthy and runs 3 marathons a year. Of course, with 3 children under 7, she runs a marathon every day.

I've recently been diagnosed with type 2, so losing weight, exercising more and changing my diet habits is now the order of all things. It's going well and I'm going to beat it and get off the medicine.

As for what I want in 2011, a new job would be nice, something I enjoy and can be valuable to someone.

Since this is a guitar forum, I guess my musical hopes for 2011 are to practice and record more.

Hi Dennis,

SOunds like your daughter has a head on her shoulders. Good to see someone that still takes care of themselves. It's hard to fight temptation sometimes. I've taken needles since I was six , thirty nine now so it's time for a change.

Gear changes for me in 2011..it better be an R8 lol

Dennis, you're quite right about how to tackle type two. For me the tough part was giving up sweets, and a close second was to get off my butt and exercise. Now that I've got a good start, the lbs are coming off, I'm feeling sexier (I keep telling my wife [biggrin] ), and it's great knowing I'll be around longer, unless the Lord's will is otherwise. Swearly, I hope the pump is a positive life changer for you.

I'm hoping for health and more blessings, but above all, His will.

Well to all who have posted before me, I hope that 2011 brings you all good health, happiness, peace, and some new gear. 2010 was a rough year healthwise for my wife and I and I am hoping that 2011 gives us a break from that, 2010 is ending on a better note in that regard.

On the material side, I hope to do another custom order Les Paul, and maybe a couple of others. I hope to finally get the R6 Gold Top to add to my collection. In the meantime I am waiting for my 2011 PRS Dragon to be built, so there will at least be some guitar joy coming into my life next year. I hope that you all get something great as well.

Cheers

I'm getting one guitar and maybe one amp next year but I'm not exactly sure what.

Guitar - either a 335 (most likely) another historic LP or Private Stock PRS.

Amp - either a Vox AC30, Marshall Bluesbreaker or 1974x.

Well to all who have posted before me, I hope that 2011 brings you all good health, happiness, peace, and some new gear.

Well said.

I was going to post about hoping I got a fucntioning PC, but that seems so trivial and shallow having read this thread.

Insulin pumps=good. My sister in law has one and it's been life changing for her. I'll pray for ya!

You can kick Type 2 diabetes in the arse. My A1C has been below 6.5 for a year now. I've gotten it as low as 5.9. People want to know why I put on armour and fight? Now you know. It's incredibly good excercise, and if I don't practice and stay in shape... well, let's just say it carries it's own brand of penalty [lol] The benefit if I do is a well maintained blood sugar level (and fewer bruises /chuckle)

Oh... and Shred and Stiff- if EITHER of your wives gets pregnant, it wasn't me. :D!

I have no doubt I'll beat the type 2. Simple little changes I've had to make aren't bothersome and I don't miss certain things like soft drinks or beer because I was never one with a sweet tooth, always seemed to drink ice tea or water and I might drink one beer a week for no good reason.

More than anything, having lost a few pounds, I notice my back doesn't bother me as much. That has been a great motivator to convince me the shape of me is the culprit, not the age of me. (61) I tell everyone this is just a speed bump... something to be approached with caution, handled carefully, then put behind me, but knowing that if I go too fast, another speed bump could be around the corner.

And as for my daughter, to see the way she has handled all the physical adversity she has faced in her life, much more than just diabetes, she's my hero.

Type 2 diabetes can be well controlled with just exercise and a good diet. Hope those who have it, it works out for them all. Raport and Stiffhand,I hope your wives see better health.

R9- we now have it in writing, only a few things for you in 2011 lol....

Hey, I hope that everyone's wishes come true. I have been on Insulin since 1980 and take 4 shots per day so I can understand the desire for 1st a cure, 2nd a way to prevent and 3rd an education for those who don't have to deal with diabetes. Gear wise I am wishing for a Joe Bonamassa Les Paul(lol) but I am satisfied with my gear for now. But I suspect I will be shopping for an all tube amp next year.

I have been on Insulin since 1980 and take 4 shots per day so I can understand the desire for 1st a cure.

We all live in hope. My wife is a Grant Director for a couple grants in the Pediatrics Dept at the University of Miami Medical School. There's a lot of communication around the campus about what research goes on and the stem cell work they have started up with again really looks promising. Next door to her building is the Center for a Cure for Paralysis. Talk about someplace EXCITING!

Archived