Gibson Brands Forums

Come on, Gibson

progamer24

I had a gibson sg silverburst for about a month when it developed a small crack by the first fret. I sent it to the repair shop they deemed it unrepairable and they are giving me a replacement. They also told me in an email after they saw the crack that they would destroy it. I cant help but think why they would do this? I mean yeah im getting a replacement but destroying a gibson just isnt right man.

I had a gibson sg silverburst for about a month when it developed a small crack by the first fret. I sent it to the repair shop they deemed it unrepairable and they are giving me a replacement. They also told me in an email after they saw the crack that they would destroy it. I cant help but think why they would do this? I mean yeah im getting a replacement but destroying a gibson just isnt right man.

Probably not totally destroyed, you might find some of those parts on your next guitar!

(Just Kidding)

I have and Alvarez Strat copy that may be repairable, but it would be a long shot. I have it propped against my wall for "decor" and it looks cool. I could have destroyed it and it beats buying a painting and such. It is, after all, a real guitar. It's like my own mini Hard Rock cafe. [smile]

IMG_20110122_133601.jpg

It seems that the butchered carcasses are hanging all around the Nashville factory.

Hmm, I guess this either means that they have good QC because they insure that their customers are satisfied OR they have bad QC because so many of them are hanging around...

Hmm, I guess this either means that they have good QC because they insure that their customers are satisfied OR they have bad QC because so many of them are hanging around...

what's done has been done. just be happy you got a brand new axe

Good point.

But at what cost? With a warranty issue, could be it was cheaper for Gibson to give him a new guitar than repair the damage.

No its one of those silverburst sgs with the 60s neck. It was one of those gutiars in the gutiars of the week thing. It might have been like week 37 or around that.

Wow, the guitar is over 3 years old. If that was guitar of the week from '07, how are they going to replace it. On the other han GC has a special run of silverburst, naturalburst, and classic white standards with 60's necks so it might be one of those...

The gutiar in question was made like early march 2010. I had another one just like it which was dropped by a luthier a month earlier lol and that was made early february 2010. The defective guitar was a replacement to my original guitar. Theres always something it seems.

p.s. The actual guitar is in production.

Oh I misunderstood I thought it was a GOTW for '07.

So the crack was in the neck, fretboard, or laquer? MY 2010 Classic White has some fine checking in the lacquer going on around the first fret on the side of the neck.

The gutiar in question was made like early march 2010. I had another one just like it which was dropped by a luthier a month earlier lol and that was made early february 2010. The defective guitar was a replacement to my original guitar. Theres always something it seems. ...

Wow.

You've had some seriously bad luck.

Brutal.

Archived