Gibson Brands Forums

Sweet goodness

Tim Plains

Just picked up a Marshall 2061x & 2061cx. [thumbup]

Kind of funny, the seller lives in Toronto. It took me about an hour to get to his house.

I walk in the front door and I see a grey Marshall JCM 2000 with two grey cabinets. It's my old stack. [lol]

I traded it into a local music store and this guy ended up buying it. What are the odds? [lol]

I'm liking it so far. I can turn it up full blast, still be in the same room with it and not go deaf.

I couldn't do that with the old stack and is the reason I sold it.

Not a high gain amp. Just nice old school Marshall crunch. [biggrin]

IMG_0838.jpg

IMG_0829.jpg

Cheers guys

You might as well just chuck those other amps now.

Interesting...

I've bought and sold a few amps now but I think all these are staying...not including the 600. That thing isn't exactly a tone monster. [biggrin]

Same here. That or a Class 5. The Class 5 is obviously a little easier to get.

I'm still getting a C5 head. Can't wait for them to come out.

Can you adopt me?

No [lol]

Wow, can I come to your house to play?

No [lol]

SSs are better....... Ooops!

I got you covered. I also have a Roland Cube. Nice little SS amp.

Congrats Tim - so what do you plug into first?

The amp every guy dreams of playing through. The Champ 600, of course. [biggrin]

Does it sound better than the Egnator?

Well, I did just get it and haven't spent a lot of time with it yet. I guess it also depends on what your definition of "better" is.....................but yes, yes it is. [biggrin]

This thing is a one trick pony (well, three tricks). The Rebel 20 is far more versatile.

The amp every guy dreams of playing through. The Champ 600, of course. [biggrin]

Well, I did just get it and haven't spent a lot of time with it yet. I guess it also depends on what your definition of "better" is.....................but yes, yes it is. [biggrin]

This thing is a one trick pony (well, three tricks). The Rebel 20 is far more versatile.

If only I had a vintage Champ, then I would sell my 600.

How do you like the Rebel 20? Do you get a nice Fendery Clean on the clean channel?

I was thinking of getting a Rebel 30 or 20 to pair with my JCA20H.

How do you like the Rebel 20? Do you get a nice Fendery Clean on the clean channel?

Sounds great. The Rebel 20 only has one channel, though. Yeah, it gets nice sparkly cleans; especially, with the bright switch.

I really like that Marhsall Tim, I can hardly wait for you to be at work tomorrow. Btw I'll say I'm sorry now for the chips on the floor lol

The joke's on you because I'm not at work today. [biggrin]

Just curious as to what you payed for the 2061x. Somebody has one for sale here in Winnipeg.

I paid a lot for it. As a fellow Canuck, I'm sure you've realized used music gear costs more here than in the US. The asking price for both was $2,100 and I ended up paying $1,700. I also got the original receipt (he paid $3,000 new) and it still has about six months warranty. Having said that, search eBay.com for completed listings of this head and you'll find three that sold recently in the $850 - $900 range. Use that to your advantage.

Archived