Gibson Brands Forums

Do you like Fenders?

Geert1976

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love Jazzmasters and Mustangs. Teles have a special place in my heart, and I do like them, but I can't decide whether I hate or love the pickups....

Gretsch (which is owned by Fender) makes kick *** guitars

You should try this:

HPIM3700.jpg

HPIM3701.jpg

You wil love it more then a Mustang [thumbup]

I love my two strats and my tele 62 custom, my restored 1967 jaguar and my mexican jazz bass.

I also love my Gretsch White Falcon, my Rickenbacker 330, my Jackson Roswell Rhoads, my Epiphone ES-295, my PRS SE Santana, my Ovation round back acoustic, my Yamaha nylon strung classical acoustic, oh yeah, and my Gibsons - my ES-335, my 1978 Les Paul Pro, my Firebird V and my SG Standard.

If you never played a good fender, you have not played enough guitars. or your luck really sucks.

Whether you care for the looks or not (and I am not convinced) some of the relic strats I have played have been among the finest playing and sounding electric guitars I have ever come across.

I love my two strats and my tele 62 custom, my restored 1967 jaguar and my mexican jazz bass.

I also love my Gretsch White Falcon, my Rickenbacker 330, my Jackson Roswell Rhoads, my Epiphone ES-295, my PRS SE Santana, my Ovation round back acoustic, my Yamaha nylon strung classical acoustic, oh yeah, and my Gibsons - my ES-335, my 1978 Les Paul Pro, my Firebird V and my SG Standard.

If you never played a good fender, you have not played enough guitars. or your luck really sucks.

Whether you care for the looks or not (and I am not convinced) some of the relic strats I have played have been among the finest playing and sounding electric guitars I have ever come across.

Oh, I had my share of Fenders, but I don't like the feel of it, and I also own Japanese and Korean copies, wich I prefer more then a real Fender [crying]

I have equal love for Gibsons and Fenders...

Fender seem to have taken the solid body into interesting areas...the Esquire is a work of minimalist beauty

The Strat, Tele, Jazzmaster and Mustang each have distinct individual characters

On the other hand Gibson archtops are all special...335's, 330's right up to the top L5 etc models

Fender make very nice maple necks and fretboards and often have a low profile string action, which can be refreshing after a typical Gibson archtop...

V

:-({|=

do i like fenders? isn't that like asking do i like pie? do i like cadillacs? do i like led zeppelen?

i get it tho, really i do. i had a special the i put p-90's in and rewired, and it sounded abolutely great. thing was i could'nt gig with it because the sound was too ballsy, too over the top, that i couldn't get a handle on it, couldn't contain it. like bringing a nuclear bomb to a barfight, or bringing a girl you didn't know you met in a bar to your parents. a guy's got to know what he can handle.

I can handle P-90s... [thumbup]

a man's got to know his limitations. if a 300 pound musclehead said "gimme a smoke" would you tell him to teach his grandma to suck eggs? would you have drink before going to court without knowing what's in it? would you do acid before climbing in a nascar? give me some credit here?

i am referring to a solid slab of gibson mahogony with real gibson p-90's wired with 50's spec and vintage paper in oil caps. need to take this stuff slow.

a man's got to know his limitations.

if a 300 pound musclehead said ....

I AM a 300 pound musclehead... [sneaky]

i am referring to a solid slab of gibson mahogony with real gibson p-90's wired with 50's spec and vintage paper in oil caps.

Sounds heavenly - I'm hip. [thumbup]

2013017650100337768S600x600Q85.jpg

What's not to like? The most comfortable body style, classic and modern single coil sounds. They even make noiseless pickups nowadays (yeah I know, but I still like 'em).

But then my opinion may be tainted, as I've never met a Guitar I didn't like. Personally I find LP's to be the most uncomfortable guitar out there, from the way it hangs to the short scaled neck, but I still like 'em and will one day have one (after I get a 337, SG, and a Firebird). Every guitar has a unique voice and attitude, the fun is in finding it.

I find LP's to be the most uncomfortable guitar out there, from the way it hangs to the short scaled neck

Oh yeah - the Les Paul is a STUPID design where ergonomics are concerned.

The knob layout is backasswards.

Selector switch up there?

Lots to dislike about them.

But I still love 'em...

Bought and sold a few before I found some I liked enough to keep.

Every guitar has a unique voice and attitude, the fun is in finding it.

BINGO! [thumbup]

Oh yeah - the Les Paul is a STUPID design where ergonomics are concerned.

The knob layout is backasswards.

Selector switch up there?

Lots to dislike about them.

But I still love 'em...

Bought and sold a few before I found some I liked enough to keep.

I still want one in the worst way, but I want the right one. Unfortunatley there's been three Les Paul I've played that were perfect, none of which were available to me [sad]

One was a Black Beauty that was sold hours before I got to the music store with a down payment.

Damn that's one sweet looking Rickenbacker Neo. It took me a while to warm up to a Strat. But once I bought my American Deluxe Ash I just fell in love with it. The tones you can get out of it are amazing. I love that slightly tube driven popping blues tone. The S-1 switch gives it some nice varieties too.

strat_f.jpg

Archived