Gibson Brands Forums

The Guitarist's Bucket List

freak show

Okay -

I first looked at the list and scroll down - 99 items ! . . . I'm thinkin' these guys are nuts.

Then I start reading through the list and realize, holy crap, I'm nuts - I've done quite a few of these things.

It seems like an awful lot to see it all written out like that. But actually, I bet more than a few members here are check marking quite a few items off that list. B)

A lotta the travel/spending things I just plain ain't done.

Some of the others I have.

And they don't list stuff like walking past the former location of the Club 47 Mt. Auburn coffeehouse in Harvard Square where once upon a time a lot of folkie legends played - and when I was there.

Or... how about teaching guitar to folks who went pro, including making some major label records? <grin>

m

Unfortunately a lot of them are more accessible to those living Stateside than here in the UK......except the 'Cavern Club' one, of course!

Then again, as every Liverpudlian or Beatles fan will tell you; that ain't the real 'Cavern Club' anyhow.

P.

Hold up

AY!!!

Mkay, just burned myself on a hot vacuum tube.... Again [crying]

Man, I would add and take away some. Aren't bucket lists personal, after all, imo.

Well, I'd like some day to join a real guitar forum though. *cough*

Actually I got up to 35, although some are kinda modified - I owned a couple of basses made in Fullerton.

And... the only old archtop like Mother Maybelle played was Mother Maybelle's that she handed to me to attempt to play with her huge strings on it.

Open mike and my own song... does live radio count?

Hmmmmm.

m

I've done a lot of that, already. Some time ago, even. But, I (definitely) need to get out more,

these days. But, I (now) live in "the sticks," and with a modest fixed income, gas prices, and long

travel distances, to even moderate concert venues, or other attractions, factory tours, etc. It's going to be very difficult.

CB

Just shy of 20 of 'em, and don't see myself getting at many more. #93 was particularly painful for me on two counts. Suffice it to say that an early '60's Martin D18 and Guild A4Starfire double cut electric are nothing more than memory's now, but at the time (mid 60's) were just "guitars". DOH! ](*,)

Archived