Gibson Brands Forums

GAS thread

Silenced Fred

You're in luck! It's less than 5 grand [biggrin]

I didn't see your link, that's a smokin' old SG. Still too much money, you can buy a nice used car for that. The only way I'll ever afford a vintage SG is to find a cheaper beat to hell one and restore it.

I didn't see your link, that's a smokin' old SG. Still too much money, you can buy a nice used car for that. The only way I'll ever afford a vintage SG is to find a cheaper beat to hell one and restore it.

I made a promise to myself that once I get out of college, get a job, part of every paycheck is going towards getting a mid-late 60s SG Special

...Still too much money, you can buy a nice used car for that.

Yeah, but when that nice used car is a very old used car, you'll be wishing you'd bought that geetar instead. It'll still be sounding good.

Hey BigKahune

is that a Custom Les Paul Axcess?

thats beautiful

Yep. They ran off a few Customs at the end of last year. I've been GASin' bad, but holding out ($4K - ouch). Now they've got the Alex Lifeson sig Axcess with a flame top $2K more than the Custom.

Splash-02.jpg

Hmm I wonder if they still have the one I love at the GC Hollywood. I usually see it on the wall on the cover of their little catalogs by the door. They usually take those pictures in the vintage room at GC Hollywood.

I've played it a few times into this old Twin reverb there with a lot of reverb. It sounds sooooooo good. I love that short maestro. That thing is the ****.

Best clean tone ever.

I've been "thinking" about a new acoustic lately. The Taylor 314 and up are grabbing my interest. A buddy has a 314CE I think it is. I really like it. What a player this one is. I find the Gibson acoustics really expensive. I'll have to try a bunch and then decide how much I really want one. I feel a need for American deluxe Strat too.

While I'm at it, I don't have an LP equipped with P90's either. I haven't tried one yet because I'm afraid I'll have to have one, then I'll feel I have to justify it.

Damn this disease!

I've been "thinking" about a new acoustic lately. The Taylor 314 and up are grabbing my interest. A buddy has a 314CE I think it is. I really like it.

I have a 310CE and I love it. I definitely recommend it. I don't play much acoustic stuff. The 300 series on a Taylor gives you everything that you'll find at the higher levels but without the fancy frills.

That's a sweet picture R9.

I haven't had much GAS for guitars for a while. I'm really happy with my guitars. I still lust after a few but I feel no urge to go buy a guitar unless it's cheap like a cool cheap Epiphone or something.

I've been GASing for some sweet recording gear.

Archived