Gibson Brands Forums

Hey metalheads--favorite metal solos?

Shnate McDuanus

Hey guys,

You know, one of the things I love about metal is the lead guitar aspect of the genre as a whole. And every metalhead loves guitar solos--come on, if you listen to any variety of metal, you have to admit that you look forward to the solo in every metal song you listen to. Luckily, there have been a lot of excellent metal guitarists in the past, and in the present, and there's no shortage of great guitar solos out there.

For me, I think the two solos from Death's "Within the Mind," from Spiritual Healing, are pretty damn excellent.

I's also mention the lead guitar work from Morbid Angel's "The Ancient Ones," which I posted in the Alexi Laiho thread. I guess I can post it again here.

That's just scratching the surface, though...there's no shortage of solos I could post in this thread. [biggrin]

Pretty much anything from these guys....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkvEDAg6MWw&feature=fvwrel

I agree for the most part, BUT.....I was listening to "Exciter" the other day. I hadn't heard this song in a very long time. When it got to the solo, I thought "oh how horrible". It literally reminded me of Spinal Tap #-o

Since this isn't a "worst" solo topic, I've always liked the solo to "Jet City Woman" by Queensryche. It's not necessarily my all time favorite, but it comes to mind right now. :-k

For me it has to be Randy Rhoads (Ozzy Osbourne) playing Revelation Mother Earthmsp_thumbup.gifmsp_thumbup.gifmsp_thumbup.gif

That's a great solo.... and besides the solo itself, the complete music arrangement is like reading a book with various chapters. [thumbup][thumbup]

Archived