Gibson Brands Forums

famous person you would like to have a beer with?

S t e v e

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, not for a beer, but to my backyard and the pool; " Would you like a glass of wine dude ? See all that pool water.......? " [flapper] [flapper] [flapper] ...........

Why not beer? He is God, you know. If you prefer a pool of beer rather than wine, you gotta know he can do it.

msp_thumbup.gif

I would take him to my favourite pizza restaurant and say "come on, do the trick! you know? where you can produce loads of bread from one...pizza is bread!"

Matt

Actually, you haven't run out of pizza there yet, have you?

See how cool he is?

Why not beer? He is God, you know. If you prefer a pool of beer rather than wine, you gotta know he can do it.

You are right Stein.........A pool full of IPA then........And a long talk about the good old days.....:unsure: [crying][scared][flapper][thumbup] .....

Cookie...

I actually did interview Vinton - but long before you were born. <grin>

Summer of '66 as I recall... Or '67. Hmmmm. No, probably '67.

Yes I remember you telling me, that's why I threw it out there. Hahaha!

Oh and if anyone's taking notes my DOB= 02/11/1960. So I was 7.

Cookie...

OK, you were in the world, if not entirely up with it at the time. <grin>

Oddly my mental picture of him I best recall is sitting on the Davison County Courthouse lawn with his wife during "down time" between performances.

m

Dave Grohl, Don & Jim from That Metal Show, Joe Bonamassa, Kenny Wayne Shepherd, Paul Gilbert, Steve Vai, Satch, Andy Timmons, Robert De Niro, Dustin Hoffman, Michael Richards, Jim Carrey, Jason Alexander, Seinfeld, Mike Eldred, John Cruz, and Todd Krause from the Fender Custom Shop, Zakk Wylde, Metallica ( all of em' ), Marty Friedman, Dave Mustaine, Chris Broderick, Scott Ian, Owen Wilson, Kevin Garnett ( or anyone on or from the Celtics for that matter ), AC/DC ( they're all cool ), Jerry Cantrell, Eric Clapton, Jeff Beck, all three on It Might Get Loud, Ronnie Wood, Phil X, Gary Hoey, BB King, Michael Angelo Batio, Yngwie Malmsteen, KK Downing and Glen Tipton, Iron Maiden, Ace Frehley and Peter Criss ( the real heart and soul of Kiss ), Derek Trucks, ZZ Top, Chris Layton and Tommy Shannon, Johnny and Edgar Winter, Elvin Bishop, Jake E Lee, EVH, Michael Anthony, Sammy Hagar, DLR ( for the party! ), John Frusciante ( don't really care for RHCP, but I want his CE-1 ). Robert Cray, Popa Chubby, KWS's singer, Tom Murphy and the rest of Gibson Custom, Paul Reed Smith, Gene Baker ( and all other boutique guitar/amp/pedal builders--Robert Keeley, Analog Mike, John Bolin, etc ), Andy from PGS ( well, all of PGS ), Gearmanndude, Willie from NextLevelGuitar ( hes funny as hell ). Thats a good portion. Oh, Richie Kotzen and Billy Sheehan!

Dave Grohl, Don & Jim from That Metal Show, Joe Bonamassa, Kenny Wayne Shepherd, Paul Gilbert, Steve Vai, Satch, Andy Timmons, Robert De Niro, Dustin Hoffman, Michael Richards, Jim Carrey, Jason Alexander, Seinfeld, Mike Eldred, John Cruz, and Todd Krause from the Fender Custom Shop, Zakk Wylde, Metallica ( all of em' ), Marty Friedman, Dave Mustaine, Chris Broderick, Scott Ian, Owen Wilson, Kevin Garnett ( or anyone on or from the Celtics for that matter ), AC/DC ( they're all cool ), Jerry Cantrell, Eric Clapton, Jeff Beck, all three on It Might Get Loud, Ronnie Wood, Phil X, Gary Hoey, BB King, Michael Angelo Batio, Yngwie Malmsteen, KK Downing and Glen Tipton, Iron Maiden, Ace Frehley and Peter Criss ( the real heart and soul of Kiss ), Derek Trucks, ZZ Top, Chris Layton and Tommy Shannon, Johnny and Edgar Winter, Elvin Bishop, Jake E Lee, EVH, Michael Anthony, Sammy Hagar, DLR ( for the party! ), John Frusciante ( don't really care for RHCP, but I want his CE-1 ). Robert Cray, Popa Chubby, KWS's singer, Tom Murphy and the rest of Gibson Custom, Paul Reed Smith, Gene Baker ( and all other boutique guitar/amp/pedal builders--Robert Keeley, Analog Mike, John Bolin, etc ), Andy from PGS ( well, all of PGS ), Gearmanndude, Willie from NextLevelGuitar ( hes funny as hell ). Thats a good portion. Oh, Richie Kotzen and Billy Sheehan!

SO, you mean like a party.

Actually...

I figured only live people for this one. Ain't tipped a beer or coffee with any dead one lately.

I'll still stand with choosing HenryJ as an individual and...

If a real party, hey guys, howbout a Gibson Forums party??? Three days of organized and informal pickin' and grinnin'.

m

That would be Alex Lifeson, and I would insist on us both having our Les Paul's. I would have my current equipment set-up: pedals, amp and my Les Paul and get his input on my sound set-up for possible enhancements and he would teach me all of his musical secrets.

Ok, you can pinch me and wake me up from my dream now. [biggrin]

SO, you mean like a party.

YES!!! Partying with you're heros and jamming and conversing with them---SWEET!!! And the chance to see Paul Gilbert and Satch or KWS snd Joe Bonamassa trading licks--that would be like guitar heaven. And if Jerry Seinfeld did stand up--nice. Now that I think about it, this would make an awesome festival--but a festival where everyone jams--no band/artist/comedien is booked. Like It Might Get Loud only on an outdoor stage and with a ton more people.

Archived