Gibson Brands Forums

Off to the gig

Silenced Fred

Took some time to cool off, the gig wasn't that bad. Stupid that I had to turn my amp down real low, but the sound was good as was the mix. I'm still kinda miffed about people saying they will come and just not show up but whatever

That's going to happen from time to time, shrug it off man.

**** happens. But id play a gig to a 4 year old girl, anything to get out there. You know?

Um, uh, um, hmm, ah, hmmm, wasn't your first gig playing for your babysitter ??? And you haven't seen her since ???

Just kidding......And a +1 for you.............

Took some time to cool off, the gig wasn't that bad. Stupid that I had to turn my amp down real low, but the sound was good as was the mix. I'm still kinda miffed about people saying they will come and just not show up but whatever

Yeah, turning down sucks. Glad to hear it wasn't bad, though. There will be more gigs and most of them will be killer. Trust me.

I know it's a let-down when "friends" who say they will be there don't show up. You can't take it too personally though. They all have lives too and our gigs aren't always a priority for other people. It would be better if they just said up front that they can't make it, instead of waiting for people to arrive that never do.

Hang in, and keep pluggin away. Sometimes I find that gigs that seemed very avaerage at the time, hold some of the fondest memories later down the road.

I know it's a let-down when "friends" who say they will be there don't show up. You can't take it too personally though. They all have lives too and our gigs aren't always a priority for other people. It would be better if they just said up front that they can't make it, instead of waiting for people to arrive that never do.

Hang in, and keep pluggin away. Sometimes I find that gigs that seemed very avaerage at the time, hold some of the fondest memories later down the road.

I would rather people be straight up honest, then say they are looking forward to it, then send a text right before a gig saying that they have other plans.

I think someone might have recorded it or something, so I'll see if I can get ahold of the footage

It sounded good. Other than two songs where the bassist an other guitarist played an extra verse, it went well. First show stuff is out of the way, so I'm talking to more places and try to get gigs in the near future

Awesome.......Good for you.......[thumbup] [thumbup] [thumbup] ............

Archived