Gibson Brands Forums

Bigsby came!

Silenced Fred

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even though you are throwing dirt bombs over the wall at me, I will still say welcome to the Bigsby club. And what took you so long? Tell me it was our jam session that sold you on it.

btw I got my Fuzz Face back. The volume issue is fixed, but the fuzz knob has less range. Still, very gritty Ge fuzz and a very happy EVOL. It's a notch or two below my Fuzzrite on the sonic assault scale.

For me, it's just aesthetics. I hate the look of the b5

So awesome dude. I'm jelly (Jennifer's Body reference).

I really want a Bigsby on my Tele but I'm pretty conflicted about it.

Looks like you did a GREAT mounting job FuzzMan.....

a Bigsby on a Tele is a little more complicated....but it comes with the new bridge (no way to use the stocker) and bridge-plate.

besides the units mounting holes, you also have to drill for the(semi-floating) bridge-studs.

I also suggest swapping over to Fender/Schaller locking tuners....

it it SOOO worth it when you're done though.

GarysCam191.jpg

GarysCam192.jpg

Hope this helped.

I just love those things, Fred..Maybe my Les may need one as well... I've been thinking about it for quite a while.. smiley-music017.gif

115.05 shipped from Amplified Parts. I ordered it Thursday morning and I had it Saturday afternoon. It took hardly any time to install after you line everything up. String changes are kind of a pain, but not that bad. Easier than Floyds...

It adds a new aspect to the instrument, and it looks cool as hell

Got practice today so I'm gonna work that into my songs

Thanks guys [thumbup]

You got some serious balls to drill in your own guitar man...Did you have to measure everything to a tee? Good job man! Looks freakin great! [thumbup]

I followed the instructions from Bigsby on YouTube line it up by eye, and then use string to simulate guitar strings and line it up. It was all pretty much done by eye, but it worked out well

Fuzzy Fred........Re-stringing Bigsbys.........you can use a capo on the loose strings to hold them tight while tightening the tuning pegs...

I had no problem with that, it just took a while to loop the ball end onto the peg

Its not that bad though

Except for the B3/B30 there is no need to drill holes or buy an adapter. The strap button screw alone will fasten the Bigsby very securely, and string tension always ensures proper alignment (same exact principle as a wraparound bridge). Of course, screwing it down with all available fasteners will render it nearly indestructible, and Fred can feel free to play cricket with his LP with no fear of losing his Bigsby. Overkill IMO, but hey. On the other hand, if you want to buy a Vibramate just because you're determined to buy as many expensive accessories and doodads as possible, knock yourself out.

Except for the B3/B30 there is no need to drill holes or buy an adapter. The strap button screw alone will fasten the Bigsby very securely, and string tension always ensures proper alignment (same exact principle as a wraparound bridge). Of course, screwing it down with all available fasteners will render it nearly indestructible, and Fred can feel free to play cricket with his LP with no fear of losing his Bigsby. Overkill IMO, but hey. On the other hand, if you want to buy a Vibramate just because you're determined to buy as many expensive accessories and doodads as possible, knock yourself out.

I had to reposition the strap button anyways, it was off by about 2 cm.

I screwed it into the body because I can.

No idea why anyone would want a vibramate... but whatever

I had to reposition the strap button anyways, it was off by about 2 cm.

I screwed it into the body because I can.

No idea why anyone would want a vibramate... but whatever

I disagree about the Vibramate..however I would think the Bigsby would work more efficiently by drilling it in the way you have....The reason I like the Vibramate is because you can always turn your guitar back to stock if you want to sell it, or decide that your either sick if it or don't like it..I've never tried a Bigsby with a Vibramate but I can definitely see the usefulness of it..I'm just really curious how it would play directly compared to one that was drilled in.

I disagree about the Vibramate..however I would think the Bigsby would work more efficiently by drilling it in the way you have....The reason I like the Vibramate is because you can always turn your guitar back to stock if you want to sell it, or decide that your either sick if it or don't like it..I've never tried a Bigsby with a Vibramate but I can definitely see the usefulness of it..I'm just really curious how it would play directly compared to one that was drilled in.

I don't like the angle with the vibramate

The entire point of installing a Bigsby without drilling any holes is that you can take the damn thing off without ever having done any harm. The Vibramate is a totally unnecessary waste of money.

Archived