Gibson Brands Forums

The most amazing repair!

LarryUK

Bondo....FARK SAKES...thats for cheap *** backwoods car repairs not guitars, omg someone needs to beat the previous Luthier with a baseball bat or something, probably charged a huge amount for that shotty repair (the original one of course) The repair posted on MLP is a work of art, I would let that Luthier work on any of my guitars and I would feel safe.

Its really creepy how much they worship that guy over there...

Yeah they kinda seemed to praise him like a god a bit from what I read, its a daunting repair not for the faint of heart but a seasoned luthier shouldnt have a problem.

Best neck repair I've ever seen hands down...I would of thought previously that a break like that would be impossible to fix....But he make it look FLAWLESS...Greg has got some serious skillzz...

btw..what the hell is bondo?

btw..what the hell is bondo?

it's a two part Polymer used in Fiber glassing to produce a Smooth finish after all the rough work has been done.

it is also used in autobody to skim out SMALL dings and imperfections prior to paint.

I know where my Guitars are going if I ever run into an issue like that, those kind of skills are worth paying for.

it's a two part Polymer used in Fiber glassing to produce a Smooth finish after all the rough work has been done.

it is also used in autobody to skim out SMALL dings and imperfections prior to paint.

I know where my Guitars are going if I ever run into an issue like that, those kind of skills are worth paying for.

Thanks bro [thumbup]

If it was a Gibby, I would spend the money to have it repaired...... as for a Hammer... probably not

77 Hammers were better then the Gibsons they were making at that time. Why do you think they are so sought after? [lol]

77 Hammers were better then the Gibsons they were making at that time. Why do you think they are so sought after? [lol]

You weren't even alive in 77...LOL!!! I don't think you would have a clue as to what the majority of musicians were playing during that era [confused] ..... I'll give you a hint.... It wasn't Hammer

Not sure if I would have kept the guitar or parted it out, but that's a great repair job.

That guy knows his stuff and is certainly a professional.

No kidding ...

It's amazing what some of these Luthiers can do [thumbup]

You weren't even alive in 77...LOL!!! I don't think you would have a clue as to what the majority of musicians were playing during that era [confused] ..... I'll give you a hint.... It wasn't Hammer

Lets see you have all the big names playing Fenders and Gibbys from the 50's and 60's. Then you have Hamer, which was making higher quailty guitars then the current Norlins. Gary Moore, Ian Anderson and the most famous one Rick Nielsen.

Lets see you have all the big names playing Fenders and Gibbys from the 50's and 60's. Then you have Hamer, which was making higher quailty guitars then the current Norlins. Gary Moore, Ian Anderson and the most famous one Rick Nielsen.

Do you own a Norlin era instrument?

Do you own a Norlin era instrument?

No but i think there are hidden gems, they are still great guitars. The standards are still good but what you expect from the company who built the same guitars in the 50's to be just as good...no?

No but i think there are hidden gems, they are still great guitars. The standards are still good but what you expect from the company who built the same guitars in the 50's to be just as good...no?

To you, define what makes a 50's-1960 Les Paul better or different than a 69 to 85 Les Paul..... I've played both and to be honest, other than the frets, they both feel and sound very similar.

Archived