Gibson Brands Forums

siberian tiger finish...

S t e v e

I'd buy that guitar if I had the cash. But as soon as I got it home I'd rip that god awful floyd rose off of it. msp_thumbdn.gif IMO, the Les Paul Axcess is a waste of wood. msp_thumbdn.gifmsp_thumbdn.gifmsp_thumbdn.gif

You never used a good floyd rose have you? Thats the reason people hate it, because everyone plays the really shity ones.

You never used a good floyd rose have you? Thats the reason people hate it, because everyone plays the really shity ones.

IMO the good ones and a good set up are one of the most stable trems ever created. It just doesn't work for me, but they work great.

You mean the licensed Floyd Rose for 20 bucks on Craigslist isn't a good idea?

IMO the good ones and a good set up are one of the most stable trems ever created. It just doesn't work for me, but they work great.

You mean the licensed Floyd Rose for 20 bucks on Craigslist isn't a good idea?

Well...flyod rose is alot like wine. You have bad wine and good wine, everyone likes their own kinda of wine. Overtime if someone doesnt take care of a bottle of wine it can get bad, just like a flyod rose. Now a good floyd rose model can suck a lot, it just depends on the set up and blah and blah and bleh. I love em, i mean it just expands guitar more. Also it really does take some skill to be good at it. Like anything on the guitar!

I had one on my Kramer pacer deluxe back in the 80s and if you can get that sucker dialed in and locked down it's a blast. I had some of my best nights playing guitar ever with that baby. Some of the sounds I got out of it were amazing!

I really miss that guitar.

cap004a-1-1-1.jpg

searcy, either ur playing me at my own game or you need to go get ur eyes checked [biggrin]

the finish is nothing like the same [unsure]

Same dark stained flame maple to pop the figure with tinted nitro over it. They used this prosess on the DarkFire too .The one you posted is a more Country Gent orange where as the Bone is more yellow. Other than the tinting I don't really see much different.

Same dark stained flame maple to pop the figure with tinted nitro over it. They used this prosess on the DarkFire too .The one you posted is a more Country Gent orange where as the Bone is more yellow. Other than the tinting I don't really see much different.

[scared]

Always remember that some people were trying out the newfanlged Floyd Rose while playing the prom at which yer parents got their first Night Train hangover. Some people hate it because they HAVE used it. Never assume everyone comes at you from a point of ignorance. It's bad form.

Used the right way, at the right volumes, for the right thing, they are awesome. Unfortuantely, since about 1985, doing those things will accomplish nothing but get you compared to a handful of jokers that have made entire careers out of those few things. And there is nothing wrong with any of them or what they've done, I admire and respect their skills and would enjoy a cuppa and some guitar yakking with them all.

You are right, the cheap ones are worse than crap. Generally hung on guitars that are generally worse than crap.

rct

Archived