Gibson Brands Forums

How Often Does A New Axe Come Into Your Family?

neilpanda

Got my first guitar in about 2002. Then my Les Paul Studio in 2008 and my Martin in 2009. Didn't buy any in 2010, but built one in 2011....Haven't sold any yet.

About one a year since 2005. Although some years Ive bought 2 or 3 and traded others in for a better one. in 2008 I bought an Alverez it died so I returned it for a cole clarke then got a taylor from the US that was a POS fixed it and sold it on. So out of three I ended up with 1

It depends if the GAS becomes too much or the guitar is on my must have list.

This year so far I've bought 2 guitars and an amp but I also sold 3 guitars.

I'm really at the point where if I haven't had the urge to play it in over a year then it's gone.

Not very often for me. Especially a truly "new" guitar. The last one of those for me was either my SG Classic or Ibanez acoustic back in 2006.

Although I recently did just pick up a used Jasmine by Takamine acoustic bass. That will more than likely be it for awhile, unless I see a really good deal on an Epi Dot somewhere.

not often enough.

My next purchase is going to be a mid line Martin acoustic. Then a Jazzmaster. Should be able to swing that early next year

The 0M series is a good choice for midline. All solid wood with a laminate neck.

not often enough.

My next purchase is going to be a mid line Martin acoustic. Then a Jazzmaster. Should be able to swing that early next year

The 0M series is a good choice for midline. All solid wood with a laminate neck.

Where we're living now if I buy another guitar I won't have any room left to play it. Makes for great motivation to get a house, it's simple math really;

X = Y, Y = Z, therefore X = Z

house = more room, more room = more guitars, therefore house = more guitars.

(gotta make sure the wedding is paid off first though [razz])

Guest farnsbarns

8 in 20 years, parted with 2 so 6 in 20 years. One is an unplayable project that I bought for its pickup about 10 years ago and haven't touched so if I don't count that then 5 in 20 years = 1 every 4 years.

Then I could count the banjo, the antique (litteraly) mandolin and various CBGs I've built. That'd make it about 1 every 2 years.

I get a new one every 6 months... the wife is starting to give me "the look" every time she finds me googling guitars [biggrin] even tho I don't keep any of them in the house and I actually make a living out of them (well, not all of them, most don't get used much).

Not being in a serious relationship I get the benefit of the doubt the only person I have to convince to let me buy a new guitar is my pocketbook! I have just started purchasing what I like to refer to as "REAL" guitars and no more of these $99 specials, but I plan on trying to get 1-2 guitars per year I dont really want to go overboard but there is a nice selection of guitars I would enjoy in my collection.

From 1965 to 1982, I had three classical guitars and one cheap electric.

1982- Takamine F-341 Acoustic

1996- Washburn Strat style

1997- Les Paul Studio

1999- American Standard Strat

2005- Gretsch G6120 Nashville

2007- ES-335

2010- Carvin SH550

Those in italics, I still own. I will never own more than I can play.

Archived