Gibson Brands Forums

I miss the 70's acoustic sound

feldkeen4

Oh Yeah, Nice and full. Lot's of wood and pick strike. I really can't stand the modern electrified acoustic sounds that Poison and Bon Jovi made popular......Give me some

I have to say I totally agree with this. While I understand the practical applications of the Acoustic/Electric guitar in live settings; I feel that an acoustic guitar in the studio should be mic'd not plugged in. Even the best preamps on Acoustic/Electric instruments have an unnatural sounding quality to them. Their close enough for live use, but not the studio.

I have to say I totally agree with this. While I understand the practical applications of the Acoustic/Electric guitar in live settings; I feel that an acoustic guitar in the studio should be mic'd not plugged in. Even the best preamps on Acoustic/Electric instruments have an unnatural sounding quality to them. Their close enough for live use, but not the studio.

Absolutely agree. After years of listening to recordings of Pizeo/transducer systems, I put on an old Eagles recording and was blow away by how good the acoustic guitars sounded.

England Dan Seals and John Ford Coley were a great acoustic rock act from the 70's who never got the accolades that they deserved."Nights are Forever...."and "When The Right One Comes Along" were fabulous songs fot their time and probably could hit it big if rereleased today.

Archived