Gibson Brands Forums

A trivia question

jaxson50

Pattie Boyd? If so, I don't consider them 3 of rock's greatest songs...

Regardless of one's personal opinion I think 'Layla' can be considered, empirically, to be one of Rock music's all-time greats; but yes, 'Bell Bottom Blues' is, as it's name makes clear, a blues song and 'Here Comes the Sun' is more of a pop song....

Leaving Pattie Boyd aside what about the Virgin Mary - AKA Madonna - as an inspiration?

P.

Pattie Boyd...She inspired Wonderful Tonight, Layla and Bell Bottom Blues by Clapton, and Something, For Yer Blue, I Need You & Isn't It a Pitty by Harrison. Harrison also wrote "Here Comes The Sun" for her..

All great song Jax but I believe Isn't It A Pity was more directed at McCartney with the Hey Jude nananana coda in the fade out mix in case anyone missed the jab.

All great song Jax but I believe Isn't It A Pity was more directed at McCartney with the Hey Jude nananana coda in the fade out mix in case anyone missed the jab.

According to her biographic book, it is about her. He wrote it when they started drifting apart..and the story about Here Comes the Sun is pretty good to...it involves mind expanding stuff and a all night party-jam session at Hurtwood, followed by Harrison and Patti watching the sun rise, George had been working on this song but it all came together that morning...

Regardless of one's personal opinion I think 'Layla' can be considered, empirically, to be one of Rock music's all-time greats; but yes, 'Bell Bottom Blues' is, as it's name makes clear, a blues song and 'Here Comes the Sun' is more of a pop song....

Leaving Pattie Boyd aside what about the Virgin Mary - AKA Madonna - as an inspiration?

P.

Here Comes The Sun has been covered by U-2, Yo Yo Ma, Joe Brown, Ringo Starr and the All Stars, The Punkles, Ritchie Havens, The Voodoo Glow Skulls, Bon Jovi, Sheryl Crow, Eric Idol, Paul Simon, and a group called The Beatles...I think that qualifies it as a Rock, Pop, Folk, Crossover Hit...in 2010 it was released on I-tunes and ranked #64th of all songs downloaded in that year,,Twist & Shout by The Beatles was #48...

Archived