Gibson Brands Forums

Dumbing down - people getting dumber and dumber

Duende

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reproduction rates notwithstanding, stupid people are easier to control and are less likely to put up a stink when their rights are being carved up and abrogated. The purposeful cuts to funding for education, elimination of programs like Headstart, demonization of teachers and their unions are but a few examples of focused efforts by corporations and some politicians who are wholly owned by corporations to create a compliant, cheap, working class. Add to that the total abdication by parents of their responsibilities in raising their spawn and you have the perfect storm. The movie should have been a warning but it's too late.

You're reading my mind and maybe my mail. I've been thinking that for years. I graduated from high school in 1964 and things have really "changed" since then. It seems a big part of school these days is merely child-care, education has become secondary.

Reproduction rates notwithstanding, stupid people are easier to control and are less likely to put up a stink when their rights are being

carved up and abrogated. The purposeful cuts to funding for education, elimination of programs like Headstart, demonization of teachers and their unions are but a few examples of focused efforts by corporations and some politicians who are wholly owned by corporations to create a compliant, cheap, working class. Add to that the total abdication by parents of their responsibilities in raising their spawn and you have the perfect storm. The movie should have been a warning but it's too late.

Said the democrat....

Reproduction rates notwithstanding, stupid people are easier to control and are less likely to put up a stink when their rights are being carved up and abrogated. The purposeful cuts to funding for education, elimination of programs like Headstart, demonization of teachers and their unions are but a few examples of focused efforts by corporations and some politicians who are wholly owned by corporations to create a compliant, cheap, working class. Add to that the total abdication by parents of their responsibilities in raising their spawn and you have the perfect storm. The movie should have been a warning but it's too late.

Hahaha! That's perfect.

I wanna party with you jannus!

Yes, please explain yourself, rct.

k.

Well documented, not at all conspiracy theory nuttery, by the end of the Civil War the military/industrial complex that Eisenhower would warn the world about 90 some years later, had already begun its' inexorable entrenchment. The mass manipulation of the USGovernment by profit motivated groups of individuals that we call corporations may not have begun during the Civil War, but it sure was honed, refined, some would even say perfected.

Agriculture as an economic foundation was already seen as over. Using slaves to pick cotton was hardly the issue, picking cotton was soon to be overwhelmingly overtaken by events, that is, the mechanization of most of the farming process. Again, well documented, not invented at all.

As agriculture was slipping away as the primary economic engine, some would say daily, the need for the Worker Of Tomorrow was already clear. Rich Guy wasn't going to actually do anything in his factory, he was just going to own it, along with the providers of the capital it took to get that factory, and profit from it.

The massive minus(es) of having an entire class of people easily identified by their skin color was not lost on the emerging industrial magnates. What better way to "abolish" slavery than just making it invisible? So they did, they "abolished" slavery for Africans, paving the way for...

The Modern Age. Your kids and mine will work what? Two, three jobs? None of which pay decent benefits at all, that is surely a thing of the past. Retirement? Already not going to happen for many of my generation, I can't even imagine what will be in place for my kids and their kids. The post WWII "prosperity" was an anomaly, a blip, the companies that were making the most also employed the most, and "wealth" did trickle down. Compared to working someone elses land for someone else to eat, 10 hours in a factory in exchange for a house with indoor plumbing was a pretty good deal, that can't be denied.

My young days starting out, the 80's, saw what? 16% - 18% mortgages? We sure couldn't buy a house, so a "starter" condo was our option. We passed. Problem was, at those rates, the money changers could only stand to move so much money because nobody could really buy houses, it took an awful lot of capital(downpayment), so money was stalling. Money not moving, not changing hands, is not profit money, it is stagnant. The Real Estate Bubble began, slowly at first, quietly. Anyone remember when EVeryone was getting their RE license? heh. Rates began to come down, slowly, moving more stuff around, people buying and selling became...sport I guess. Creation of entire markets of real estate was the foundation for the Tired Old Man We Elected King and his "trickle down" economics. It was, in a word, insulting, knowing we would benefit from the drippings of the weiners of the wealthy.

90's came and they saw that we needed to expand the ability of the proles to buy stuff, starting with houses, next cars, and then the sundry consumer spending that drives the economies of the corporations. The Economies Of The Corporations. That's the important words, the last three, them are the words they always leave out when they say The Economy. Credit cards? When I was a kid, I was told clearly I would never see one of those, they were for Rich People, not white trash like us. Anyone else remember those days? I'm sure some of you do. Onward went the humming engine of money, all on the backs of the by then 100, 125 year old class of slaves called "middle". Basically, everybody. Housing took the eff off, that is, the people that made money on housing took the eff off. Et Cetera, Et Cetera, Et Cetera. Most of that stuff is recent enough to find on the magazine shelf, if the local bookstore still exists where you live.

Corporate interests purchased The Turn Of The Century election in order to take back losses heaped upon them by the Evil Left. The hen house doors were literally removed, the foxes feasted right on up until the last election, then they sh1t all over the place on their way out. Who did we save after all this mess? Who?

If you don't know, if you didn't see what "bailout" meant, if you don't know what it took to "save" the economy, if you didn't see this all what we all just lived through, I at once admire your ability to ignore the fire even as I pity you for not having the courage to speak the words.

We are all slaves, and we leave our children to future slavery with even less benefit, less return, no security of any kind, always on the very edge of fincancial, marital, kid related disasters that those just barely making enough to survive have always had to deal with. All while being told how great it is to be an American. Always remember how BAD BAD BAD it is everywhere else, you got 24 hours a day of filthy maggot "journalists" reminding you.

Unions, child labor laws, huge committments to retirements and the associated benefits, all for an ever aging population have seriously put the screws on those that matter, the coroporations that foot all the bills. Today the coroporate/infotainment/government muck called "media" actually work 24/7 to pump out the mind numbing buzz that adds up to nothing more than telling the proles they are wealthy because they just SCORED by standing in line at Wal*Mart to get a couple flat screens for their kids bedrooms.

Good times.

rct

I wanna party with you, too, rct! Interesting that the sheep just can't see this.

It's painful to see. It also then becomes, by some moral guides, incumbent upon a parent to "change the world" once they can admit what it really is, leaving a better place for their kids.

Who wants to do THAT? What, and miss the next game of sports that pits the multi ten times millionaires of one team against the multi ten times millionaires of another team, both teams owned by multi ten times BILLionaires, all playing in a stadium financed by people that can't afford a hot dog in said venue, much less pay for the lottery that allows one to buy a ticket to a game there?

No way.

rct

k....

Well, yeah. We have devolved into a nation of dumb, mind numbed consumers happy for the crumbs we are allowed to have. I too am worried about the nation my children are going to inherit. Sorry, son, your old man and his generation let you down. I so want to blame all of this on the Baby Boomer sellouts that paved a clear path for the "me first" generation that still thrives today, but what gearbox I have I thrown a monkey wrench into? Like most of you I am just fighting to make it through today.

Archived