Gibson Brands Forums

malmsteen plays the american national anthem!

S t e v e

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest farnsbarns

Felt rushed and over the top, like most of his stuff, it's egotistical and overdone. His sense of syncopation has never sat right with me either. He wanders off the beat but somehow doesn't do it quite right for me.

DO NOT freestyle or otherwise fcku with the national anthem... lame.

A very HUGE Amen to that! [thumbup] It's not a top 40 cover song, it's your National F'ing Anthem!!!!!! Sing it like you mean it with respect, not like you wrote it yesterday. (Stepping off of soapbox). [biggrin]

Is there anyone who can just play the song. "I'm so much cooler than the National Anthem! Listen to what it Could have Been if I did it" :rolleyes:

America The Beautiful is good for embellishment (just ask Ray Charles), but The Star Spangled Banner? Impress me by playing it as written <_<

Jeez luiz folks [scared]

Most that perform the Star Spangled Banner perform it much differently than the original piece..... Even Hendrix version isn't all that great either

To me our National Anthem is in the words that it's written, not in the music that it's played

Can not fcuking stand his playing! It's awful! He totally butchered the anthem! msp_thumbdn.gifmsp_thumbdn.gifmsp_thumbdn.gif

I agree, over and over and over........Not only that, he flubbed ALL THE WORDS !!!!!!!

And as Duane says, it's the words of the song that count.......Heck, the girlydude couldn't even get the notes right.....

(sigh) Another American thing ripped of from Britain and re branded as being American [flapper] Just leg pulling, but the composer John Stafford Smith (A Britain) was a member of the Anachreonic Society, which I hadn't realised Bach and Purcell were both members too! He was also a notable organist and composer of his day. The song; a drinking song, is originally about the joys of booze and love (probably sex is more accurate :) ) so the song has undergone quite a few changes already ;)

http://www.visit-glo...ester/smith.htm

Jimi claimed the anthem as his own when he did it and for anyone else to try and better it or go anywhere near it is just plain poseurism at its worst.Malmsteens incessant hammer ons and pulloffs are getting to be pretty tired now as is that monstrousity of an ego.

(sigh) Another American thing ripped of from Britain and re branded as being American [flapper] Just leg pulling, but the composer John Stafford Smith (A Britain) was a member of the Anachreonic Society, which I hadn't realised Bach and Purcell were both members too! He was also a notable organist and composer of his day. The song; a drinking song, is originally about the joys of booze and love (probably sex is more accurate :) ) so the song has undergone quite a few changes already ;)

LMFAO.....

I believe we also stole Yankee Doodle from you.

an egotistical swedish shredder doing baroque sweeps & hammer ons with the national anthem..?? well fortunately these things dont happen in my country ..phew

i heard adam jones did the anthem at the wrestling the other day ..i am still shaking my head in disbelief [confused]

perhaps there was a hint of irony in my post? Jeez what is it with yanks and irony - that and passports are their kryptonite [flapper]

Matt

Perhaps if we were not British, we would not have won our freedom in the revolutionary war?

Say hi to the queen for me. I think it would be cool to hear them blasting some blues records in the royal palaces.

Archived