Gibson Brands Forums

Where do you fit in? (up-date)

daveinspain

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome to the club...!! I'm 53 also... OK so we have a few more aches and pains then when we were younger but hey I like 53 too. It's a whole new world and the cool thing is that you can act like an adult when around the youngsters and they have no idea that you've been there and done that.

Gibsons are great guitars and I don't think they are over priced at all.Fenders are great guitars and are less expensive because they are less expensive to make(Bolt neck, electronics installed on pickguard).That said the only guitar that I own right now that has gone up in value is my Gibson.My Hamer special is made as well or better than my Gibson but I couldn't sell it for a third of what it cost 15 years ago.I bought my ES 135 four years ago and I could sell it for more then I paid for it new.

• 2 weeks later...

Weirdest demographic - not what I expected at all.

I guess all us old farts have the time and inclination to hang out here,

all the young rascalls and rapscallions are to busy getting laid and partying.

Huh. This growing old mallarkey ain't all it's cracked up to be.....

23 here. Not too many youngins like myself here. prolly cause most of us cant afford gibsons yet lol. Well maybe the rich spoiled kids can.

Or, perhaps the occasional 20-something who has been paying his dues, earning his way and has determined he can afford a Gibson on his own? =P~ Chances are they'd be too busy to be here, though. =P~

Archived