Gibson Brands Forums

What's the most beautiful car you've ever seen...

Tim Plains

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No.

And I'm just messing around. I don't normally comment on anyone's spelling or grammar' date=' but since you made a post about people misspelling words in another language, I thought it was kind of funny.

[/quote']

yes but you can't misspell testarossa, is one famous sportcar and i think everyone knows it

Darn it - soon as Scalextric got mentioned I could feel the pull off-topic.....

Man, when I was a kid I lived for those cars in the slot. D-Type Jags, a Lister Jag and a 4.5L Blower Bentley all came stock, and then I got into competitive racing in North London (Tottenham mainly - 8-lanes of heaven) so I had to build my own.

Had to be a real car and to scale - so the widest I could find was the Oldsmobile Toronado and fortunately a 1/32nd shell was available. Ally chassis, MRRC motor, slicks and serious tuning - monster slot-car, went like poo-poo off a shovel and stuck like glue on the corners..... but never won a race in its life!!!!!

oldsmobile_toronado_1966_1.jpg

When I finally got to the states in the eighties, I hired me one for real - 7.5 litres of front wheel drive was just insane and I pretty soon swapped it back in..... for a Boss 303 Mustang - smaller engine, driven wheels at the right end and just a small part of why I could emigrate to the USA just in the click of a finger.

• 2 years later...
Guest FarnsBarns

Well now, I am in love with the Ultima GTR (I will soon be ordering one). Not clasically beautiful but I have an unusual perspective having grown up around motorsport I have developed a taste for the utilitarian race car look.

image002.jpg

I often say that car thieves should crash and die. Because the owner has lost his car, his no- claims, he's inconvenienced and the thief won't do it again.

I'm sure others that have had their car stolen would agree

Most beautiful cars I have seen are the ones I work around all say. Sure there are exotics and stuff that are just amazing but its still made in a factory and some of them exotics (Lambos) are actually poo to drive. I prefer a car that someone has worked on in there garage to make it a part of them.

This was my old autocross/track car a total of $8000 including the cost of the car went into building it, three consecutive years it beat out Porsche Boxsters, 911's and Lotus Elises like it wasnt even trying, goes to show you its the driver and not the car.

img_0026.jpg

This is what happens when you add 19PSI of boost to a stock Mazda B6 engine, they take about 12PSI from the factory but an issue with a wastegate staying shut the car overboosted and blew up, we found a wrist pin from one of the pistons about 60feet away it had been punched right through the cast iron block

BOOM.jpg

This car belonged to my coworkers buddy, unfortunately he passed away at the beginning of the year due to pancreatic cancer (R.I.P) This is one of the few remaining numbers matching 1970 Challenger T/A's with the factory 340 Six Pack, very nice car waiting for some collectors plates.

LeesMoparWP.jpg

The aforementioned coworker owns this guys, its a 1966 Chevy II. This bad boy is fully tubbed, caged and has a Reher Morrison (SBC) race engine in it, all motor it lays down 680HP and runs high 9 sec runs in the 1/4 mile at about 133MPH.

kevscar006.jpg

Another coworkers car, standard C5 corvette with a built and blown LSx series motor, its complicated but you can take the 5.3L L33 truck block (its aluminum) and overbore it to a 5.7L and end up with a LSx style block for a fraction of the price. Anywho this car puts down 782HP on full boost (8PSI) and runs low 10's in the 1/4 at about the same speed as the Chevy II.

bryphone004.jpg

I dont have any pics of it yet because its not finished but my boss is currently doing a complete frame off (actually 9 years into it now) on a 1955 Chevy Bel Air 2 door hard top, black and white you know the one! The thing is sick he started with a 502 crate motor and bored and stroked her to a 543, should make about 600HP, there is no chance in hell it will see the track like the other cars this is a cruiser, the paint job was done by one of BC's premier hot rod painters and is worth about $30,000 alone.

They arent really spectacular but they are amazing pieces of history that have stood the time. I am currently on the hunt for a 1969 Datsun 510 2 door but they are extremely hard to find in good condition as it was a staple car in the early SCCA racing days.

Guest FarnsBarns

Thread from the crypt!

I've said it before but I'll say it again anyhow.

I'd like one of these, please.

P.

I considered posting that but my obsession with the ultima took over. Very nice by 10,000,000 quid!

Archived