Gibson Brands Forums

NGD!

mydeadblues

I finally got my hands on a "tobacco" vintage sunburst sheraton! I've been wanting one of these forever but I never had the extra cash to buy one when they popped up, plus I fell in love with my white sheraton I bought about a year ago. It was posted on craigslist for $300 in a city two hours from where I live. I ended up talking the guy down to $250 and it came with an OHS epi case! The guitar looks untouched, there's not a single ding or scratch on her.

DSC01287.jpg

DSC01289.jpg

DSC01290.jpg

DSC01291.jpg

DSC01293.jpg

Ya I hope I'm not on any "Wanted" ads...but I'll take the risk [biggrin]. It's my favorite finish for sheratons too, I wish I could find a riviera in this color. I am haggling with a guy for a vintage sunburst riviera which should fill the void. I'll post it if I end up getting it. I hope the guy that sold it isn't kicking himself too hard, he ended up being a really cool dude and a descent guitarist, but at $250 I'd be kicking myself...LSAR I did notice the € on the pick guard was pretty thick too, there's a tobacco burst sheraton on eBay with the same € so I think mine's okay. It did catch my eye though so the pick guard might end up coming off.

LSAR I did notice the € on the pick guard was pretty thick too, there's a tobacco burst sheraton on eBay with the same € so I think mine's okay. It did catch my eye though so the pick guard might end up coming off.

MDB: My 'Honey'... just for comparison... but I wouldn't go losing your PG over that [-(

epicepie.jpg

Archived