Gibson Brands Forums

imagine how great your life would be if...

S t e v e

No doubt Yngwie is very competent and plays with passion

Gets an interesting sound out of his Strat

Reminded me heavily of Joe Satch in the later stages

To be truthful I got bored at the 2.00 mark

I thought he was supposed to have a Swedish accent....

V

:-({|=

You assume too much.

Actually, if you must know, I can't. But I am pretty sure if I was just that much better, my life would STILL suck.

Actually, my life doesn't completely suck. But I am quite sure it wouldn't be any better if I did what he did.

And if I WAS able to do what he does, I would definitely for sure learn how to play some blues.

The last person I'd want to sound or play like is Malmsteen,If I played like him I'd have to loose all the soul and feeling I put into my playing.I'd rather be slow and soulful than fast and clinically devoid of emotion any day.

you could play guitar like this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzW8fi8z5C8

Well, I listened to it and thought to myself that of all the "neo-classical / baroque / but with the blues" guys out there, from Richie Blackmore onwards, this clip had the best balance of technique, flash, and feel I have seen in many a year.... I thought it rocked and thanks for posting it.

OK, I'm one of the few that legitimately likes Yngwie. I like that clip. To be fair, I'm technically NOWHERE near as good as him, and I admire his technical skill.

But: if I could play like him, I don't see how my life would really be markedly improved. But that's because I've learned to be happy with what I have. And I am happy. Very much so. If you don't learn to be happy with what you have, you won't be happy even when you get what it is you want but don't have.

I think he is a great artist and I know the force flows through him :) but my problem with his music is that it is in 'no man's land'..i.e it is trying be greater than rock; yet it is too tacky (and cliche) to be classical - so what is left is an pale imitation - if I want to hear Bach I would rather listen to Bach

Like V I feel he plays with an abundance of passion, I just wish he'd do something different

Matt

Guest farnsbarns

Define better. I think it's easy to forget that life is a journey, not a destination. I enjoy listening to the blues greats and learning from them. I enjoy the learning without yearning for the knowledge. I think that has a lot to do with my hippy upbringing.

you could play guitar like this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzW8fi8z5C8

That was a lot more soulful than I expected. He usually just blazes, but this had discernible melody lines and some tasty bends and even a whole note or two. Personally I like Ynwies style and his attitude. A lot of peole call him stuck up, I think they're confusing confidence with arrogance as he has never rested on his laurels. He's always putting out new stuff and playing live for however many fans will show up. He's also always smiling, I like that in an entertainer.

Archived