Gibson Brands Forums

If you could have only one guitar..

Dallastx

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd keep either my Les Paul Studio Tribute Humbucker model but I'd tap the coils; or I'd keep my H-S-S Ibanez RG1570. If a plane crash and a desert island were involved in this scenario it would have to be the Ibby because that's the one I'd have taken on the plane with me.

Already have it, my SG standard. It's the only electric that I've ever really owned, and all I'll ever need. Holds so much sentimental value to me that everything else just feels cold and lifeless.

I might not be able to get a girlfriend, but that don't matter cause I got my SG :)

For acoustic it'd be a Martin D-28.

Wait, are we referring to guitars that we own, or guitars that we want?

If it's guitars that we own, it would be my SG, hands down. Although I am considering swapping the pups for DiMarzios, specifically the Crunch Lab and LiquiFire--John Petrucci's signature pickups. I'm not a big John Petrucci fan, but those are some of the best pickups I've ever heard in my life.

If it's guitars that we want, then it would be an Ibanez Iceman with an Original Floyd Rose. I'd probably also swap the pups for the John Petrucci DiMarzios. And I really want a red Iceman, although it's not currently a production color.

Archived